This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Webinterface for Eggdrop

Help with usage of shell accounts and bouncers.
B
Broesel01
Voice

Webinterface for Eggdrop

Post by Broesel01 »

Hey,

can anyone tell me, where i can find an working Webinterface to administrate my Egddrops?

Thx for your help.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

you mean web interface to bot's party line? doesn't make sense to me
B
Broesel01
Voice

Post by Broesel01 »

Hey,

i mean an Webinterface where i can edit the eggdrop.conf, the userfile, Rehash, Restart, Die...
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

why would you want to do that? you don't have shell access? then how do you run your bot in the first place
B
Broesel01
Voice

Post by Broesel01 »

sure, i have root-access ;)

but i host ca. 12 eggdrops for other users, and here is an webinterface better, as shell-access.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

you are root yet you prefer web to shell? that's odd...

besides, aren't those people supposed to care about their eggdrops themselves?

anyway... your best bet is installing some web-based file manager
B
Broesel01
Voice

Post by Broesel01 »

Hey,

but it gives webinterfaces for eggdrop, where the user can change the .conf...

Many hoster use this interfaces.
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

they probably bought the code from some coder or used there own ones ^-^.
I haven't seen source code for such a thing arround. it doesnt sound to hard to make a php or pearl script to use kill -s HUP with the pid read from the .pid file to rehash it, file management interfaces are out there for sure somewhere ^-^. for rehashing they should use the partyline anyway and a real restart... let them use .die and set up them a crontab ;).
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

A
Australis
Voice

Need a Webinterface too...

Post by Australis »

Hello,
my english is not really good, but I try my best...

The situation:
I'm IRCop and Webmaster of a small IRC-Network, and I want to establish a bot-farm with a few eggdrop-bots with serval enhancements... so far so good.
I need a Webinterface for our users are able to login using their (in a mysql stored) nickserv logindata and make one or more of bots join their own channel...

My profession is PHP-developer, so a complete webinterface is not really needed, but at least I need a way to make php possible to send (quickly) commands to an eggdrop-bot (without that long-time-taking login to telnet-partyline)
n
nml375
Revered One

Re: Need a Webinterface too...

Post by nml375 »

Australis wrote:Hello,
my english is not really good, but I try my best...

The situation:
I'm IRCop and Webmaster of a small IRC-Network, and I want to establish a bot-farm with a few eggdrop-bots with serval enhancements... so far so good.
I need a Webinterface for our users are able to login using their (in a mysql stored) nickserv logindata and make one or more of bots join their own channel...

My profession is PHP-developer, so a complete webinterface is not really needed, but at least I need a way to make php possible to send (quickly) commands to an eggdrop-bot (without that long-time-taking login to telnet-partyline)
Your options in this case would be to create a listening-socket coupled with a controller, providing the mechanisms you need. To be honest however, I doubt this would provide much performance over "telnet", as you'd still be communicating over tcp sockets. The advantage would mostly be a connection with a (by you) well-defined protocol rather than the human-readable text-interface of the telnet-connection.

Other options for IPC are rather limited, at most extending to standard process signals to force rehashes and kills, and polling files..
By coding custom eggdrop modules, you could achieve some support for Unix domain sockets, udp packets, and possibly named pipes.
NML_375
A
Australis
Voice

Post by Australis »

wow... hard stuff... thx alot :)
but a friend gave me another hint:
at first step php creates or writes in a file in the eggdrop/scripts dir containing the channels to join
then a regular .tcl script checks every few minutes that file and if in that file created by php and makes the eggdrop join the channel(s)
and after joining the .tcl deletes or purges that file

ok... thats not that fast than the way I first thought about, but it prevents php getting timeout while connecting via sockets to the bot's pl...

i wrote this in case anotherone crazy as I am wants do do a similar thing...
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Yup, that would be classic "polling" of files.
You could probably get better performance using named pipes, although you would have to keep a well-defined protocol. LinuxJournal has a nice introduction on named pipes well worth reading.

Might add, that my previous post was a bit ambiguous regarding named pipes and modules, you do not explicitly need a separate module to use named pipes, although you will not have access to functions such as mkfifo() from tcl, requiring you to create the named pipe by other means.
NML_375
wac
Halfop

Post by wac »

or perhaps use hostserv? or even a channel they can join and do some sort of .+chan #chan and that said chan could be +R for registered users only
I see j00!
t
take
Voice

Post by take »

OpenSource Webinterface for Eggdrops:

Eggdrop Webinterface

Screenshots