This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Need help (-n)

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
g
garfwen
Halfop

Need help (-n)

Post by garfwen »

Hello

I just setup a eggdrop and its working wrong, i mean

./eggdrop -n config.conf (Is working, he connects do my IRC server)

if I drop the -n
./eggdrop config.conf
it does not connect!

Any idea?

Thanks,
GaRfWeN
D
DaRkOoO
Halfop

Post by DaRkOoO »

./eggdrop egg.conf is doing nothing.
You must specify something,like ./eggdrop -n eggdrop.conf or ./eggdrop -m eggdrop.conf (if u want to use new conf file,or start egg that way you can see everything what is he doing)
But You dont need that,just start ur eggdrop with ./eggdrop
:D
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

garfwen,
You've got a threaded copy of libtcl8.5, which breaks things. You'll find a few threads regarding the matter within the forum (hint: search for threaded tcl).

Quick-fix, edit your config.h (after running ./configure) and define the HAVE_TCL_THREADS macro to 1, then recompile (make config, make, make install etc).

DaRkOoO,
Starting an eggdrop with "./eggdrop config.conf" is perfectly fine. -n would only be needed should you like your eggie to remain in foreground rather than fork into background, and -m would only be used whenever you create a new userfile. If setup properly, you could also simply execute the configfile (./config.conf). The only time you get away with simply running ./eggdrop is when you've named your config file "eggdrop.conf".
NML_375
D
DaRkOoO
Halfop

Post by DaRkOoO »

Hmm..I didnt knew that,thanks..
But its much more simple if he just rename his conf to eggrop.conf and start egg everytime with ./eggdrop..
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

DaRkOoO,
Please notice that the issue garfwen is suffering from is most likely related to threaded libtcl8.5. Simply renaming the config file wont help at all in that case.
NML_375
z
zerodtk
Voice

Post by zerodtk »

i had the same problem last night. what it did was changing the "eggdrop" file
i've used the wget stuff to get the eggdrop to my system, compiled it, done everything which is necessary...after typing ./eggdrop -m eggdrop.conf nothing happened. it said the bot is running but it wasn't..after i tried with -n the bot connected to the server with no problem
what i did was
installed the bot again with sudo apt-get install eggdrop
and simply copied the "eggdrop" file to the other folder where i've installed it via wget
the problem is now gone, and the bot is working like charm!
hope it helps
r
raider2k
Op

Post by raider2k »

nml375 wrote:Quick-fix, edit your config.h (after running ./configure) and define the HAVE_TCL_THREADS macro to 1, then recompile
thank you nml375
helped me out as well on a new system :)

also thx to the original poster, without his good description I wouldnt have been able to find the solution for this ;)