This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

[solved] Livestats Modification...

Discussion of Eggdrop's code and module programming in C.
D
Daedalus
Voice

[solved] Livestats Modification...

Post by Daedalus »

So I decided that I can't stand the way livestats is handled. IE, I don't like the page design.

What I want to do - and have done, indeed - is to set up a page with AJAX that basically lets users view all of one channel's stats on one page. They just click on the dropdown, select the type of stats to view, and it loads into a div with all the <a> tags modified to <p> tags and href=blahblah removed.

Perfect.

Except it's not. -.-

I still have the links at the bottom of the page - top30 and so on - and need to remove those. Regex is one way of doing it, but I can't -stand- writing a regex that complex just for this, so I thought I'd do a little hack to livestats.c to add a div around the content I want to remove - then just remove that div entirely.

Easy, right? No. For some unknown reason despite modifying livestats.c to add the div, recompiling, and restarting the bot, NOTHING changes.

Does anyone have any idea why this would be? Could it be something stored in the bot's .data file?
Last edited by Daedalus on Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D
Daedalus
Voice

Post by Daedalus »

Never mind! Got it. Updated to the newer version of the stats mod and it works now. Score!