This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Account on forum.egghelp.org

Website and forum-related announcements and discussion, and anything else that doesn't fit in the above forums.
|
|_aban

Account on forum.egghelp.org

Post by |_aban »

I quit using irc and eggdrop 5 years ago now. I don't need my account on forum.egghelp.org any more. How do i delete my account?
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

You can't delete it, you can stop posting though ;)
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Wow this is a blast from the past. I received an notification email about a message here :D I forgot all about egghelp! Glad to see you are still here helping out Sir_Fz.
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

An evil spammer sent lots of PMs to random members, which unfortunately resulted in e-mail alerts being sent to people who haven't used the forum for a long time. But seeing some old faces like ^DooM^ appear makes up for the annoyance, I would say :D

Been a while since I did an account prune so that'll have to happen soon, probably after the phpBB3 upgrade which will finally go ahead in the next week or two.
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Hello slennox, long time no see. It's good to see this place continue on :). I see the spammers are infecting everyone with their filth :( but yeah good to see some old faces still helping out. Strange coincidence I started back on an old IRC server a couple of weeks back after being away from them for almost 5 years.. Maybe i'll brush my old TCL book off again, stranger things have happened ;)

Take care all and I wish all those that celebrate it an early merry christmas :D
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Definitely good to see you ^DooM^ :) long time, always good seeing posts from seniors (if the naming applies :P) - that's including slennox :lol:

Also, glad to hear an upgrade is on the way ;)
t
thommey
Halfop

Post by thommey »

IMHO, deletion requests should be allowed and fulfilled. It's a privacy issue if users cannot delete their account and can't request it to be deleted.

PS: Apparently his account was deleted as he's now shown as a guest user
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

If you are worried about privacy issues then you should not sign up in the first place :D
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Slennox,
Any progress on the PHPBB3 migration?
NML_375
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

Not yet. Depends when I can set a full day aside. Stock upgrades aren't too painful but the process gets pretty involved when it requires finding equivalent mods and styles, applying them and testing everything.