This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Not Able to DCC or Telnet - I HAVE checked everything

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
p
peerData
Voice

Not Able to DCC or Telnet - I HAVE checked everything

Post by peerData »

I have checked everything, unless I am missing something. But I went step by step in Sticky: Help us to help you (and try to help yourself) and still it will not let me connect. For whatever reason, different computers, different shells I always have this freaking problem. It has been about 2 years since I have setup an eggdrop. Can anyone help me with the, what appears to be an easy task, but seems to be kicking me all over the place?

Thanks in Advance as well.
Mike

Here is a link to my CONF FILE.

http://pastebin.com/d58b80711
r
raider2k
Op

Post by raider2k »

detailed error message please
+ system eggdrop is running on

is it really running? if yes, how can you tell?
what telnet port did you set? post to your pastebin link doesnt exist anymore
b
blake
Master

Post by blake »

Something else that can cause this is if you are using a colour or bold script learnt from exsperience most colour or bold scripts always start with a colour code or , so turning them of will solve some issues of not being able to DCC or telnet especialy when entering your nickname or password to the bot during a telnet connection to the bots partyline
m
mj_thug4life
Voice

Post by mj_thug4life »

im facing a similar problem now..
when i used to run the bot from my OS (linux) it worked fine.. but now i have the bot on a unix bsd shell and im unable to dcc chat or ctcp chat the bot.. and i get these two errors :

* DCC CHAT connect attempt to <bots name> failed (err=Connection refused).

and

Failed to connect (Unforseen error 1).

hope some1 can help me because its kind of driving me crazy atm. thnx.
C
CharlesZink
Voice

Yep

Post by CharlesZink »

I'm having the same exact problem. No way to DCC or Telnet. I just get 'Connection Error'. I'm using Debian 5.0 on a VPS.

Has anyone resolved this? I really need DCC access.
YooHoo
Owner

Re: Yep

Post by YooHoo »

CharlesZink wrote:I'm having the same exact problem. No way to DCC or Telnet. I just get 'Connection Error'. I'm using Debian 5.0 on a VPS.

Has anyone resolved this? I really need DCC access.
same answer, detailed error message, please, it'll be in your /logs file if you can't connect direct...