This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Birdy (OAuth, Twitter, Tweets&MegaHAL v6.01d) Jun12,2013

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
s
shaneo
Voice

Post by shaneo »

Jagg wrote:I updated to newest version (v5.05c) and now I always get only that line

Code: Select all

OAuth failed: (???) Unknown problem... No reason given...( timeout )
I also get this error though it does not affect the script in anyway just annoying if im in a partyline with the bot it continuously appears.
J
Jagg
Halfop

Post by Jagg »

I don't get this error only in the partyline, there are also shown in the irc chan. And really no twitter command is working in the chan, always only get this error message :?
N
Nickmman
Voice

Post by Nickmman »

Hello speechless, I come once again, and before I start, I gotta say you did a hell of a job with this script, I've been using it for quite some time now and I love it.

However, some time ago, my bot (for reasons) had to be shutdown for a few hours and then it wouldn't start. Some investigation led to your script (I'm guessing) and I'd appreciate it if you could help me sort out the issue:

Nick@Anubis:~/NickBotE$ ./NickBotE -n

Eggdrop v1.6.21 (C) 1997 Robey Pointer (C) 2011 Eggheads
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table unld (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table time (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table cron (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table note (flags 0)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table nkch (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table load (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table link (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table filt (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table disc (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table dcc (flags 0)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table chpt (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table chon (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table chof (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table chjn (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table chat (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table bot (flags 0)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table bcst (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table away (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table act (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table evnt (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table log (flags 1)
[21:11:50] --- Loading eggdrop v1.6.21 (Tue May  8 2012)
[21:11:50] Listening at telnet port 3995 (all).
[21:11:50] Module loaded: blowfish
[21:11:50] Module loaded: dns
[21:11:50] Module loaded: channels
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table wall (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table raw (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table notc (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table msgm (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table msg (flags 0)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table flud (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table ctcr (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table ctcp (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table out (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Module loaded: server
[21:11:50] Module loaded: ctcp
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table topc (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table splt (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table sign (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table rejn (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table part (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table nick (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table mode (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table kick (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table join (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table pubm (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table pub (flags 0)
[21:11:50] Allocated bind table need (flags 1)
[21:11:50] Module loaded: irc
[21:11:50] LANG: Section loaded: notes
[21:11:50] LANG: 42 messages of 48 lines loaded from ./language/notes.english.lang
[21:11:50] LANG: 42 adds, 0 updates to message table
[21:11:50] Module loaded: notes            (with lang support)
[21:11:50] LANG: Section loaded: console
[21:11:50] LANG: 10 messages of 16 lines loaded from ./language/console.english.lang
[21:11:50] LANG: 10 adds, 0 updates to message table
[21:11:50] Module loaded: console          (with lang support)
[21:11:50] Module loaded: seen
[21:11:50] Module loaded: uptime
[21:11:50] Creating twitter (type 1)
[21:11:50] Creating twittermega (type 1)
[21:11:50] Creating twittermentions (type 1)
[21:11:50] Creating twittermentionsmega (type 1)
[21:11:50] Creating twitterfriends (type 1)
[21:11:50] Creating twittertrack (type 1)
[21:11:50] Creating twitterfollowers (type 1)
[21:11:50] Tcl error in file 'eggdrop.conf':
[21:11:50] invalid command name "
[21:11:50] * CONFIG FILE NOT LOADED (NOT FOUND, OR ERROR)
Nick@Anubis:~/NickBotE$ 
I'd really like to get this bot up again with your script, so any help would be appreciated! By the way, I'm using the latest script version at the time (v5.05c). Even tried from scratch! And still no go.. Thanks in advance!
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

Nickmman wrote:Hello speechless, I come once again, and before I start, I gotta say you did a hell of a job with this script, I've been using it for quite some time now and I love it.

However, some time ago, my bot (for reasons) had to be shutdown for a few hours and then it wouldn't start. Some investigation led to your script (I'm guessing) and I'd appreciate it if you could help me sort out the issue:

Nick@Anubis:~/NickBotE$ ./NickBotE -n

*** snipped long error reply***
[21:11:50] Tcl error in file 'eggdrop.conf':
[21:11:50] invalid command name " 
'd really like to get this bot up again with your script, so any help would be appreciated! By the way, I'm using the latest script version at the time (v5.05c). Even tried from scratch! And still no go.. Thanks in advance!
Try deleting twitter.dat which is found in your eggdrops root folder, then issue a rehash on partyline. The script will initialize again. Twitter.dat is basically itself, a tcl-script that gets created. This file is created every 30 minutes, or the moment before you type .rehash. So normally, rehashing is safe. Deleting twitter.dat works because this is where all of the saved timeline variables and various settings are "saved" before every rehash, so when the script starts it can "load" them without the rehash affecting the script and reseting all it's variables like normally occurs. Your bot may spam a bit suddenly, but once it does and its's initial "catch-up's" of each function are over it should be fine. "friends" "mentions" and "track". You will see these things "catch-up" in batches (these batches are limited to the default amount in the config for each function and are also the most recent) rather than in real-time. This allows you to also have your bot quit, when it comes back announces only the tweets it has missed. It also stores the last 100 followers that follow you if "twitterfollowers" is enabled and these will also be found in twitter.dat. You may see it announce you somehow instantly gain 100 new followers. This is simply "catching-up". This happens whenever you delete twitter.dat.

Hopefully this solves it .... :lol: :D
N
Nickmman
Voice

Post by Nickmman »

speechles wrote:***snipsnipsnipsnipsnipsnip my quote***
Try deleting twitter.dat which is found in your eggdrops root folder, then issue a rehash on partyline. The script will initialize again. Twitter.dat is basically itself, a tcl-script that gets created. This file is created every 30 minutes, or the moment before you type .rehash. So normally, rehashing is safe. Deleting twitter.dat works because this is where all of the saved timeline variables and various settings are "saved" before every rehash, so when the script starts it can "load" them without the rehash affecting the script and reseting all it's variables like normally occurs. Your bot may spam a bit suddenly, but once it does and its's initial "catch-up's" of each function are over it should be fine. "friends" "mentions" and "track". You will see these things "catch-up" in batches (these batches are limited to the default amount in the config for each function and are also the most recent) rather than in real-time. This allows you to also have your bot quit, when it comes back announces only the tweets it has missed. It also stores the last 100 followers that follow you if "twitterfollowers" is enabled and these will also be found in twitter.dat. You may see it announce you somehow instantly gain 100 new followers. This is simply "catching-up". This happens whenever you delete twitter.dat.

Hopefully this solves it .... :lol: :D
Worked like a charm! Thanks! :D Love this script, keep up the great work! ^_^
starryeyedhaze
Voice

Post by starryeyedhaze »

I downloaded the latest version from the link that you provided -- it listed version 5.05c, but when I look at twitter.tcl it lists version 5.05a. Is this still the most up-to-date version?

I am asking because @mentions are showing up in the logs but not ever getting displayed to the channel, and every time I type !twitter in the channel, it displays the error "Houston, we have a problem. Oxygen level is low. Atmospheric pressure is dropping."
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

starryeyedhaze wrote:I downloaded the latest version from the link that you provided -- it listed version 5.05c, but when I look at twitter.tcl it lists version 5.05a. Is this still the most up-to-date version?

I am asking because @mentions are showing up in the logs but not ever getting displayed to the channel, and every time I type !twitter in the channel, it displays the error "Houston, we have a problem. Oxygen level is low. Atmospheric pressure is dropping."
Indeed. I made a mistake there. Had a hard drive crash, lost some data and tried to rebuild it all. In doing this I goofed up twitter, I apologize.

Reget the script here :Birdy 5.05c (aka Twitter, Tweets with Megahal (Egghelp version))

If you aren't using megahal, make sure the following options are all set to 0.

# If you have megahal enabled, then you might want
# to set the below option to 1. With this set you
# can then use the chanset command:
# .chanset #yourchan +twittermega
# Now your bot will reply to twitter messages at
# set intervals just to keep your account active if
# users aren't posting. The bot will not post to the
# account if it was the last one to post.
# (0 off/1 on)
set twitter(megahal) 0

# This is a megahal function, if you do not use
# megahal set this to 0. do you want your bot to
# learn from twitter tweets from users?
# (0 no/1 yes)
set twitter(learn) 0

# if your using megahal would you like your bot
# to also reply to your @mentions?
# (0 no/1 yes)
set twitter(usemegareply) 0

# This is a megahal function, if you do not use
# megahal set this to 0. Do you want your bot to
# learn from @mentions other users send it?
# (0 no/1 yes)
set twitter(mentionlearn) 0
.chanset #yourchan +twitter +twitterfriends +twittermentions +twittertrack

It should function correctly. The most up-to-date version _is_ 5.05c.
g
gembels
Voice

Post by gembels »

[11:28] <@gembels> !twitter lucupedia
[11:28] <+nol> [T] Houston, we have a problem. Oxygen level is low. Atmospheric pressure is dropping.

today I try.. yesterday still OK, but today cannot, need update ?
r
reeptorets
Voice

Post by reeptorets »

Hello. I was trying to use birdy 5.0.4 some time ago, it was working but i had problems with russian text. After updating to the last 5.0.5c i still have that problems: !tweet "тест" look like "òåñò". Also i got new problem now - !twitter isn't working anymore, it tells me "Houston, we have a problem. Oxygen level is low. Atmospheric pressure is dropping."

Using eggdrop 1.6.20 and
% puts $tcl_version
% info patchlevel
% package require http
What's the problem?
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

gembels wrote:[11:28] <@gembels> !twitter lucupedia
[11:28] <+nol> [T] Houston, we have a problem. Oxygen level is low. Atmospheric pressure is dropping.

today I try.. yesterday still OK, but today cannot, need update ?
Yes, this is a problem. Twitter recently abandoned its browser based rendering system altogether. This means new tweets are rendered from an API payload rather than a clear html page delivered. So I will have to rewrite this part now, which was using a non-standard browser based approach (see here in how this script evolved to learn why) which relies on markup and surrounding templates to be intact. Meaning, any design changes the website makes affects !twitter working or not. This will be addressed in the future. But read on... Don't be discourage.. yet
reeptorets wrote:Hello. I was trying to use birdy 5.0.4 some time ago, it was working but i had problems with russian text. After updating to the last 5.0.5c i still have that problems: !tweet "тест" look like "òåñò". Also i got new problem now - !twitter isn't working anymore, it tells me "Houston, we have a problem. Oxygen level is low. Atmospheric pressure is dropping."

Using eggdrop 1.6.20 and
% puts $tcl_version
% info patchlevel
% package require http
What's the problem?
You need to patch your eggdrop to support full utf-8. See Here.. The other issue about "houston" is the same as the fellow above you.

-----

Now here is some information that will upset most of you. It will be delivered as a series of slaps to the face. Ready. Let's begin:

Slap one:
http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/tw ... r-else.php
Twitter to Developers: Display Tweets Our Way Or Else

Slap two:
http://daringfireball.net/linked/2012/0 ... -drop-dead
Daring Fireball Linked List: Twitter to Client Developers: Drop Dead

Slap three:
http://thenextweb.com/twitter/2012/08/17/twitter-4/
Twitter API Changes Set Maximum User Cap for 3rd Parties

Is your face red yet, there is more:
https://www.google.com/news?ncl=dKCSMMr ... d=us&hl=en
Twitter's API Changes: What's In It...

---

Okay the above is merely the new rules of the road for developers. But take clear note, they are very strict, very obtuse, and very open to be biased towards twitter in any type of dispute over any terms in them. This means for any reason, at any time, for any circumstance you may get suspended. So to move forward, I would need to make it clear that at any time twitter can now suspend your twitter account for using this application. The road ahead is now vague. Please voice your concerns in this thread, and to twitter themselves about these changes. Otherwise, our time together here will be quite short. I shall salute the time we had together while taps quietly plays in the background.
r
reeptorets
Voice

Post by reeptorets »

That's sad, but i still hope you will continue development of birdy.
Would like to use it anyway.
h
hellohello
Voice

Post by hellohello »

Well I'm also very hopeful about that. I installed it only just now and it's working!
So what's the status, speechles?
h
hellohello
Voice

Post by hellohello »

Ah, I do see one issue: the latest follower is posted once every n minutes. It looks like this --

https:\/\/si0.twimg.com\/profile_images\/XXXX/BigTimeRush_normal.jpg , profile_background_image_url_https : https:\/\/si0.twimg.com\/images\/themes\/theme1\/bg.png , followers_count :34, profile_background_tile :false, location : Southern Illinois , profile_sidebar_fill_color : DDEEF6 , friends_count :227, time_zone : Central Time (US & Canada) , utc_offset :-21600, default_profile_image :false, name : bla bla , favourites_count :0, profile_image_url : h
h
hellohello
Voice

Post by hellohello »

Found it, the line that causes this is at line 900...

set html [proc:twitter:encode $html]
    if {[string match "*error*" $html]} {
        set text [string range "[join [lrange [split $html \"] 5 end]]" 0 end-1]
        putserv "$to :foo(13) $twitter(logo) $text"
u
usurper
Voice

Lost/Gained followers

Post by usurper »

I've had this issue for a while, but it was a long time between occurrances. Now it's happening 20 times/hour. I get the following:

20:45 STANG: 8 users now following! You can too @ http://twitter.com/teamhimtweet ! Follow us at #stang!
20:50 STANG: Lost followers: TravelDriveRace, drobosucks
20:50 STANG: 2 users now following! You can too @ http://twitter.com/teamhimtweet ! Follow us at #stang!
20:55 STANG: New followers: TravelDriveRace, drobosucks
20:55 STANG: 8 users now following! You can too @ http://twitter.com/teamhimtweet ! Follow us at #stang!
21:10 STANG: Lost followers: CarRestoreTV, TravelDriveRace, drobosucks,
21:10 STANG: 0 users now following! You can too @ http://twitter.com/teamhimtweet ! Follow us at #stang!
As you can see, every 5 minutes. Is this happening for anyone else? These aren't actual changes on twitter - they're just dropping off and re-appearing every 5 minutes. The numbers don't match above because I removed some names from this post. But I can be loss of 7, gain 1, loss 1, gain 8, etc, etc. No real pattern to the loss/rejoins.

I'm on version 5.05c. Thanks!