This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Birdy (OAuth, Twitter, Tweets&MegaHAL v6.01d) Jun12,2013

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
D
Doemela
Voice

Post by Doemela »

speechles wrote:[SNIP]
So what I've done, is try to clean up as much as possible and get working the primary functions of the script. The automations to relay in friends/mentions/track are fully working. The automations for megahal are not. The triggers which will not work at the moment:

[*]!followers same reason as above why it's broken. Work here too.
[SNIP]
Replace

Code: Select all

set twitter(followers) "https://api.twitter.com/1.1/statuses/followers.json"
To

set twitter(followers) "https://api.twitter.com/1.1/followers/list.json"
And !followers works again
c
c0urier
Voice

Solved.

Post by c0urier »

I've run into a situation where the bot spams wit these messages every minute. I read somewhere in the thread it's caused by channel's being entered into botname.conf - I have commented out the whole #Channel section in my bot's config file, but still this message is spammed every minute.
(17:55:35) (BotName) [17:55:00] Tcl error [proc:twitter:followers:auto]: no such channel record
(17:55:35) (BotName) [17:55:00] Tcl error [proc:twitter:trackauto]: no such channel record
(17:55:35) (BotName) [17:55:00] Tcl error [proc:twitter:friendsauto]: no such channel record
(17:55:35) (BotName) [17:55:00] Tcl error [proc:twitter:megahal:privatereply]: no such channel record
(17:55:35) (BotName) [17:55:00] Tcl error [proc:twitter:megahal]: no such channel record
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Solved by Deleting the dummy channel names in twitter.tcl.
Last edited by c0urier on Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
c
c0urier
Voice

Post by c0urier »

Also quite a few of the commands are not working, !public gives the error:
OAuth failed: (404) Code: 34; Errors: message: sorry; That page does not exist ( ok )
D
Doemela
Voice

Post by Doemela »

c0urier wrote:Also quite a few of the commands are not working, !public gives the error:
OAuth failed: (404) Code: 34; Errors: message: sorry; That page does not exist ( ok )
Gone Or Broke
!public this timeline is no longer supported by twitter at all. Gone.
!rate v1.1 rate status is now done on a per endpoint allocation quota and uses 15 minutes as the reset period. this is entirely different than v1.0. Needs work.
!twitter username [regexp's are broken and need maintenance]
!RTbyme - retweets by me [this timeline is no longer supported by twitter at all. Gone.]
!RTtome - retweets to me [this timeline is no longer supported by twitter at all. Gone.]
r
romprod
Halfop

Post by romprod »

Other than the broken public triggers I'm unable to get any channel activity when there's a new tweet after I've successfully followed someone.

Am I missing something or is this now completely broken?
r
romprod
Halfop

Post by romprod »

Would this have anything to do with the recent issues?

https://dev.twitter.com/discussions/24239
This is an important notice for developers still using HTTP plaintext connections. On January 14th, 2014, connections to api.twitter.com will be restricted to TLS/SSL connections only. If your application still uses HTTP plaintext connections you will need to update it to use HTTPS connections, otherwise your app will stop functioning. You don't need to wait until deadline to implement this change, given that api.twitter.com already supports the recommended environment.

This SSL requirement will be enforced on all api.twitter.com URLs, including all steps of OAuth and all REST API resources.

Connecting to the API using the SSL protocol builds a safe communication channel between our servers and your application, meaning that no sensitive data can be accessed or tampered by unauthorized agents in the middle of this communication path.

Any well-established HTTP client library already supports the ability to connect to a SSL-enabled server and usually the required change is just a matter of updating a few lines of code or configuration files. For specific details about using SSL to connect at api.twitter.com, please review Connecting to Twitter API using SSL.

A "blackout test" will be performed on Jan 7th, 2014, when HTTP plaintext connections will be unavailable for a time period to be defined and announced in this discussion page and via the @twitterapi account.

If you have any questions or concerns with securely connecting to api.twitter.com over SSL, please post them here.
I still can't get tweets appearing in the channel but it is happily announcing new followers etc and is able to !tweet fine.
u
user18765
Voice

Birdy - twitter.tcl for eggdrop - Oauth error 401 code 32

Post by user18765 »

I actually cannot do anything with this script. Get the following error:

OAuth failed: (401) Code: 32; Errors: message: could not authenticate you ( ok )
r
romprod
Halfop

Re: Birdy - twitter.tcl for eggdrop - Oauth error 401 code 3

Post by romprod »

I wouldn't bother with it for the time being, it's broken because of the recent API 1.1 changes made by Twitter.
u
user18765
Voice

Post by user18765 »

romprod wrote:I wouldn't bother with it for the time being, it's broken because of the recent API 1.1 changes made by Twitter.
  • No, that's bullshit! it actually works, at least its main features do. The script has already been adapted for 1.1-APIs , and oAuth1.1 too. Indeed, as of TODAY, many people I know are happily using it. The only broken thins is HAL for the moment.
Coming back to the problem, I have been messing up with this it for hours today, also with the help of the creator (speechles)... At the beginning he thought I was messing up with oauth tokens... But I wasn't , tokens were OK. So we came to the conclusion that it could be the timeset, because for authentication purposes the Time DOES matter! but I checked, and it seemed that the timezone was set correctly. Then what else could it be?
I continued scraping every possible cause, and ended up with just upgrading my eggdrop. I was losing too much time. Eggdrop1.8 went fine with that!
Last edited by user18765 on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
r
romprod
Halfop

Post by romprod »

The channel messages for new tweets aren't working, mostly everything else does though.

I can add friends etc but no tweets get announced to the channel.
u
user18765
Voice

Birdy.tcl works, it's just MegaHAL not working

Post by user18765 »

I told you it works!
That's your problem!

I actually get all the tweets by the people i follow. They all appear in my channel as it should be. It's YOUR problem, not everybody's or birdy's
r
romprod
Halfop

Post by romprod »

Helpful, jeez.
u
user18765
Voice

Post by user18765 »

Man what else can I say? That's it!

If you wanna know, I think that my previous error was caused by my eggdrop version, which wasn't compiled from sources, but installed with apt-get. After installing some libs (tcl-dev. tcllib, tcl-tls, zlib, tcl-Trf) and compiling eggdrop over them, I had everything working fine. The latest version of speechles' script, taken from his website, was fine.
I can tell you my configuration:
eggdrop-1.8 on Debian Wheezy
And these are the lib versions, obtained with "package require pkgname" from tclsh:
Trf 2.1.4 - zlib 1.1 - http 2.7.7 - tls 1.6 - base64 2.4.2 - sha1 2.0.3
J
Jagg
Halfop

Post by Jagg »

Using the latest version v6.01d and always have these lines in the partyline

[16:00:00] Tcl error [proc:twitter:followers:auto]: no such channel record
[16:00:00] Tcl error [proc:twitter:friendsauto]: no such channel record
[16:01:00] Tcl error [proc:twitter:trackauto]: no such channel record
[16:01:00] Tcl error [proc:twitter:megahal:privatereply]: no such channel record
I don't have any channels set directly in the .conf file, I set it dynamic with .+chan #chan. So what else can cause these errors?

Thanks

User defined channel flags:
+twitter -twittermega +twittermentions -twittermentionsmega
+twitterfriends +twittertrack +twitterfollowers -blackseen
d
daigo
Voice

Post by daigo »

I get this error:

[09:22:15] [@] daigo!daigo@irc.daigo.com PRIVMSG #daigo :!tweet test