This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

encrypt

Help for those learning Tcl or writing their own scripts.
ultralord
Master

encrypt

Post by ultralord »

can i encrypt one tcl script.. i want to sell one script can to encrypt somehow ? i dont want to be edited or stole something from in ?
You need a iRC bot for your CS Gameserver? Rent one here
ultralord
Master

Post by ultralord »

ahh wrong section move it on Scripting Help plz.
You need a iRC bot for your CS Gameserver? Rent one here
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

You can make it harder to read by using obfuscation.
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Another option would be to use a tcl bytecode compiler, such as TclPro's Compiler (http://www.tcl.tk/software/tclpro/compiler.html). Be adviced though, that if your eggdrop can run the code, then anyone intent on reading your code will be able to do so with enough effort.
I roughly recall some technique using the tcl_traceExec variable being set to 2 prior loading an obfuscated or bytecode compiled script, and then monitoring the generated debug output. This would require a tcl-library compiled with TCL_COMPILE_DEBUG being defined, but that wouldn't be a problem for anyone with slight experience compiling their own libraries...

All in all, if you have some very valuable code, consider using NDA's and legal means to ensure your copyright of the code; enlighten your client of your rights as a copyright holder; and your client's entitlements through the license you grant your client.
NML_375