This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

I /WANT/ to excess flood.

Discussion of Eggdrop's code and module programming in C.
D
Daman
Voice

I /WANT/ to excess flood.

Post by Daman »

I've tried all I can. I am trying really hard to excess flood. I've set msg-rate in the configuration to 0, 0.5, 1, 30. I've tried recompiling with a smaller MAXPENALTY(I've only tried 0 and 1...)

I literally don't understand why eggdrop is limiting the rate I am sending messages through any tcl method I can muster. I want these lines dropped instantly to the server, I want to timeout.

I know the server I'm on is not the issue because I can certainly excess flood in mIRC. I've calculated it to be ~10 lines before the server actually starts throttling and queuing my messages.

On the other hand, my eggdrop bot on this network is being internally queued regardless of what I attempt. I'm sort of keen on the idea of just removing the penalty calculations completely, as those are what I suspect cause this natural throttle in the first place.

I'm running 1.6.20 CVS.

Any suggestions are appreciated. (I know there's a queue for putquick/serv/help. I do know that there shouldn't be penalty calculations for commands such as putnow or putdcc, but for some reason there are.)
t
thommey
Halfop

Post by thommey »

Well, putnow doesn't queue, if you use putnow only and you see it being slow, it must be the server throttling you.