This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

MSG#### in my log file, and other issues

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
L
LadyCuddles
Voice

MSG#### in my log file, and other issues

Post by LadyCuddles »

Ok, pardon the newb here, but, I have been using 1.6.19 for some time, and until I dist-upgraded and got hit with the whole glibc issue, I would have been glad to keep using it, as it was apt-get installed...

But, with my bot down, and the bot supporting a internet radio channel, and over 15 DJ's, I needed the bot back pronto... So, I upgraded to 1.6.20, and did the whole source tarball compile...

Everything seems to be working, except for some minor issues. I did a forum search for the big issue, and got way too many responses that didn't seem to be about what I am having problems with...

1 ) the log file shows these MSG#### text. Some of them do have real "human" text, but as in the ctcp chat login, all I see is the bot responding with one of these MSG things instead of the Username: and the same for the Password:

2 ) I also get these MSG text things when I try and get help for a command, as in .help .whois, the bot just responds with "MSG632"

I completely gutted the apt installed eggdrop, and nothing has been left behind from the previous version. I also installed the new version in a completely different area, of which is my home folder area. To be completely honest, the login and password prompts are moot, as I memorized those over the years, but, the help system only returning a single word, and not a very "human" descriptive one at that, is a biggie...

So again, pardon me being a newb here, and if this is a "simple" resolve (one that I failed to get, notice the change if any from 1.6.19, or that I just spaced out completely), but, can someone provide me the answer to resolve this predicament ???

Thanks in advance, eggdrop has been an excellent bot for my channel, my DJ's, and the internet radio for some time now...
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

It would seem your language-files are in a different place than your eggdrop expects - this is usually due to one of the following two mistakes:
  • Not running the install-step (make install) after building your eggdrop
  • Installing into the same location as where you built the source
    (unpacked in ~/eggdrop, then "make install" which defaults to ~/eggdrop)
NML_375