This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

eggdrop 1.8 not logging channel chatter

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
swarfega
Voice

eggdrop 1.8 not logging channel chatter

Post by swarfega »

I have a recent build of eggdrop 1.8 and the most recent pisg stats.

I am trying to set up the bot so it logs all channel chatter so that it can be used with pisg. Currently its only logging joins, parts, quits, actions.

How can I fix this?
set max-logs 50
set max-logsize 2000
set quick-logs 0
set raw-log 0

logfile mcobxs * "logs/egglog/charlotte.log"
logfile jpk #blackoutgaming "logs/blackoutgaming/blackoutgaming.log"

set log-time 1
set timestamp-format {[%H:%M:%S]}
set keep-all-logs 1
set logfile-suffix ".%d%b%Y"
set switch-logfiles-at 000
set quiet-save 0
swarfega
Voice

Post by swarfega »

I have found this in incith:google and wonder if its causing a conflict:
bind msgm -|- "*" incith::google::private_message
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

An msgm-binding should not interfer with public (channel) chatter.
A pubm-binding however would prevent logging if the triggered code returns 1.
NML_375
swarfega
Voice

Post by swarfega »

That same script had one of those as well. So I decided to make a dedicated stats bot with no other scripts, which worked.
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

Actually... It's because of the test platform I use. Everything is tested on windrop 1.6.17 at first.
EGGDROP CHANGES - 1.6.18 wrote: - Added support to MSGM, PUBM, NOTC, and WALL binds to support bound
procs returning 1 to prevent logging of the trigger message text.
So now, yeah it has a return 1 where it should be a return 0.

Code: Select all

if {$::version < "1.6.18"} { return 1 } { return 0 }
Future versions of the script will include the code above to detect which value to return. The should fix the logging issue for all versions of eggdrop/windrop.
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

speechles,
Just a question; is there any particular reason for returning 1 in the first place?
Also, your version-test would break on older eggdrops such as 1.6.9, since you are doing a string comparison. I'd rather recommend using numversion for this kind of test.
NML_375
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

nml375 wrote:speechles,
Just a question; is there any particular reason for returning 1 in the first place?
legacy. I wasn't the creator of this script (I've merely altered it unleashing it's strengths and turned on all the bells and whistles), the return 1 was incith's contribution (hence it still being named after him). In preserving as much of what he had as possible I've left it (this isn't speechles:google). It harms nothing having it there on an 1.6.17 eggdrop/windrop.
nml375 wrote:Also, your version-test would break on older eggdrops such as 1.6.9, since you are doing a string comparison. I'd rather recommend using numversion for this kind of test.
True, but in all honesty the script requires tcl8.4 or higher. Most bots compiled so long ago with 1.6.9 would need updating. But I do see your point and in the next release of this script your suggestion will be used. I was more into fixing it as quickly as possible and hadn't taken into account all the ramifications of the difference between the two. Now it is quite clear. Thanks for the advice. :)
n
neocharles
Voice

Post by neocharles »

Is this fixed as of the current version? I am having issues with logging myself...
<edit>
I tried disabling nearly all the other tcl files, and my logs still aren't logging anything (jkp) that is said in the room.... Thoughts?

(Also realizing I'm running 1.6.21, not 1.8 )