This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

MegaHAL: Replying to nicknames?

Discussion of Eggdrop's code and module programming in C.
Z
Zeyra
Voice

MegaHAL: Replying to nicknames?

Post by Zeyra »

Is there some file in the configuration folder where I can add Nicknames that the bot will consider as if its names was said?

I.E making a bot called "Gingerbreadsnap" reply to sentences with "GingerB" in them?
S
Sane
Voice

Post by Sane »

Zeyra wrote:Is there some file in the configuration folder where I can add Nicknames that the bot will consider as if its names was said?

I.E making a bot called "Gingerbreadsnap" reply to sentences with "GingerB" in them?
Yes, there is a way. To achieve this you need to be using the 'megahal.tcl' script (load it in your eggdrop *.conf file with 'source scripts/megahal.tcl') . In it there is a section that allows you to set other response keywords besides the botnick.

To achieve this, edit the megahal.tcl script and add the following to ' set responsekeywords "" ':

Code: Select all

# Which keywords besides the botnick should be responded to (use space delimited list)
# Examples can include alternative bot nicknames, people's names, special words like hello, music, etc
set responsekeywords "gingerb"
It will respond to its original nick no matter what CaSe You USE, the same applies to the response keyword(s)/pseudonym.