This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

[Solved] Can a bots nickname in a channel be customized?

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
S
Shunta
Voice

[Solved] Can a bots nickname in a channel be customized?

Post by Shunta »

Ok, REAL simple (I think) question.. (yeah I know)

Bots 'name' shows as its supposed to when queried, but when it joins a channel it shows up as 1WFAAAAAK

Is there a way to change this, and if so, HOW???

Most recent eggbot, Anope and InspIRCd compilation and I own the machine they are running on and everything else (so bloody far) seems to be running as it should.

It's WAY past 0'dark 30 (0400 Eastern) and I have been searching every possible combination of words to find an answer for the last 4 hours.

Its been a DECADE or more since I have messed with IRC, let alone set up a server, so I beg your forgiveness for my ignorance.

Thanks!!!
Last edited by Shunta on Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
S
Shunta
Voice

SOLVED!!!

Post by Shunta »

Well aint that just simple... The cause was in the BotServAlias setting... I over thought it and shouldn't have set that in my SERVICES program conf file

So if anyone else out there is having that issue, see if you havent set that when not needed...

BotServAlias "WolfBot" "Bot Server Forwarder" and when I remmed it out, and restarted the services program (anope) and then restarted the eggdrop and POOF it all shows the way it should :)

WEEEEEE!!!! /does happy puppy dance

Shunta