egghelp.org community Forum Index
[ egghelp.org home | forum home ]
egghelp.org community
Discussion of eggdrop bots, shell accounts and tcl scripts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eggdrop 1.6.21 & SSL / IPv6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    egghelp.org community Forum Index -> Eggdrop Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
x0x
Op

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Eggdrop 1.6.21 & SSL / IPv6 Reply with quote

I've installed Eggdrop 1.6.21 from scratch and everything works just fine. Question however, is how to connect to SSL servers and how to connect using IPv6.

Looks like there have been SSL patches around for previous versions, not sure about IPv6. What's the status for Eggdrop 1.6.21?
speechles
Revered One

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eggdrop 1.6.21 is actually just major bug-fixes backported from eggdrop 1.8 applied to eggdrop 1.6.20. So with 1.6.21 there is no truly stable ipv6/ssl patches, just as there were with 1.6.20. They are all hacks. The only way to get stable ipv6/ssl is using the current eggdrop 1.8 development nightlies which include full support for ipv6/ssl out-the-box no patching required.
x0x
Op

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, that's clear and the answer I was looking for.

When running 1.8, will this get me into trouble with some of those great scripts? Your Google script for example (yes I know it needs some fixing at the moment) or the TVRage one?
speechles
Revered One

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
When running 1.8, will this get me into trouble with some of those great scripts? Your Google script for example (yes I know it needs some fixing at the moment) or the TVRage one?

You shouldn't have any trouble with any of my scripts nor TVRage. The only scripts you may have problems with use checks to see which eggdrop version they run on. They check for *1.6*. As long as they use a >= you are fine. It's when they just use that == you are in trouble then that script only works with 1.6. You would have to manually edit the script changing the 1.6 to 1.8 in that case. Any script that works on 1.6.* should work just as well on 1.8.* without exception.
Cr0ntab
Voice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

will i have problem with the tcls i use on 1.6.21?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    egghelp.org community Forum Index -> Eggdrop Help All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: