This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Big Request, Please help!

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
A
AlphaTech
Voice

Big Request, Please help!

Post by AlphaTech »

Hello everyone! I need a couple scripts made that can do the things that I shall specify shortly. I have tried making these scripts and I have failed. They are also not on Google or the archive.

Feature 1) !ab tell
For the first feature I need a script that acts similar to MemoServ using the following syntax: (!ab tell <nick> <message>) Then, the bot will say to the nick specified (when the user next talks) <$nick> <MESSAGE-HERE>. I don't want the bot to say the message when the user joins but, when they say anything. Once the message has been displayed, I'd like it to auto-delete. Also, for the message to go trough the nick must be identified by NickServ. (Mode +r) If the user isn't registered with NickServ, I'd like the syntax to be (!ab tell -f <Nick> <Message>). Also, when a user's message has not been delivered within 30 days, I'd like the bot to tell the user this and delete the message.

Feature 2) !ab talkto
I need the script to use this syntax: (!ab talkto <nick>). When the nick talks, have the bot check if the user that send the talkto and the nick specified in the talkto. When the nick says a word, the bot will say: (<nick that send message>, <nick that just talked> is now available!). This feature is to notify a user when a user they need to talk to is now online and/or available.

Feature 3) !ab timemsg
For this feature, it will use this syntax, !ab timemsg <time><h/m/s> <message>. So, if I did !ab timemsg 3h23m9s pineapple, the bot will say "AlphaTech: pineapple" in 3 hours, 23 minutes and 9 seconds.

When making both of these scripts, I'd like all the information to be stored in a file, not a variable. That way, if I restart the bot, we are all good. :)

I know it might be a lot but, I'd really appreciate it if you guys would help me out! :)