This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

chaninvites/isinvite

Help for those learning Tcl or writing their own scripts.
Madalin
Master

chaninvites/isinvite

Post by Madalin »

I cant get those commands to work. I want to limit the invite commands when they are "abusing" it. I mean if they are invited but they don't join the eggdrop should not invite him again. I know there is some setting for invite-time so until that time expires or if the user joins the channel the eggdrop will not invite the user.

The thing is that
.tcl [isinvite nick chan] is always 0 and i changed nick to uhost/host etc but its the same thing... and for [chaninvites chan] is empty list again. I invited myself and didnt joined the channel so it should be in the list... and i have set invite-time to 60 in the config file. Is there other setting i should have there for this commands to work? (loadmodule irc) is loaded
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Hello,
The invite-list (chaninvites and isinvite) refers to the list of invite-lines (similar to ban-lines), which are set using the mode-command (/mode #channel +I Nick!User@Host). It has nothing to do with whether any user (or bot, for that matter) has issued a specific /invite command for a certain user.

Eggdrop can be told to enforce a set of invite-lines, in a similar fashion to ban-lines. For that, you'd have to use the .+invite dcc-command to add the specific invite-line to eggdrop's internal list.

What you are asking for, would require a little bit of scripting, including replacing the .invite command, as there is no means of seeing who has been invited to a channel or not (you'd have to catch all invite-requests, and check if any of these join the channel - or consider them timed out after some time?)
NML_375
Madalin
Master

Post by Madalin »

I see.. well then ill start scripting thanks