This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Latest AI script suggestion

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
c
compunuts
Voice

Latest AI script suggestion

Post by compunuts »

Hi,

First time poster here. I haven't worked with bots for a long time but now that I need to work with one. So here goes.

I'm looking for AI functionality for a Q&A channel. So I would want many of the possible repeated questions answered via an AI engine.

So aside from good ol' Alice script which is in old-script area, what else is out there? I'm open to all suggestions.

I'm running latest eggdrop 1.6 on Ubuntu with only scripts that come with the distribution.

Thanks in advanced.
Get_A_Fix
Master

Post by Get_A_Fix »

There really isn't any.

Alice was the most popular, due to its learning aspects and not being as repetitive as other's.

Other AI include:
egg-fu
bMotion
Megahal

but all of them are pretty bad. There are also other 'learn' scripts, which allow you to add text to and from databases, or they just mimic text they see on channel's they idle. If you want a real AI, you may have to wait until someone makes a new one, otherwise you may have to just settle for an infobot type script.
We explore.. and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge.. and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias.. and you call us criminals.