This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

BogusTrivia in two channels?

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
j
juanamores
Master

BogusTrivia in two channels?

Post by juanamores »

The trivial can run on more than one channel ?
I tried did, but not work:

Code: Select all

set t2(chan) "#channel1 #channel2"  
It can be modified to accept another channel ?
If you do not understand my ideas is because I can not think in English, I help me with Google Translate. I only speak Spanish. Bear with me. Thanks :)
SpiKe^^
Owner

Post by SpiKe^^ »

BogusTrivia is a single channel script. Use two bots for two channels.
SpiKe^^

Get BogusTrivia 2.06.4.7 at www.mytclscripts.com
or visit the New Tcl Acrhive at www.tclarchive.org
j
juanamores
Master

Post by juanamores »

SpiKe^^ wrote:BogusTrivia is a single channel script. Use two bots for two channels.
Ok, thank you SpiKe^^
If you do not understand my ideas is because I can not think in English, I help me with Google Translate. I only speak Spanish. Bear with me. Thanks :)
Get_A_Fix
Master

Post by Get_A_Fix »

SpiKe^^, would it be difficult to add a user defined setting, to allow it to work in any channel where it's enabled?

I don't use the script, but know it's rather big, so I'm unsure as to how that would be implemented, but I thought it may be the easiest option for a future release, or for someone to try and do for themselves and their own version of your release.
We explore.. and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge.. and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias.. and you call us criminals.
w
willyw
Revered One

Post by willyw »

Get_A_Fix wrote:SpiKe^^, would it be difficult to add a user defined setting, ...
The user defined channel flag might be the easy part.

I'm thinking that a game like this stores a lot of things in memory, and to change it to a multi-channel game would require manipulating a lot of arrays.
Chance are most things are now held in regular variables.

This might be a huge job, to edit to change all that.

On top of that, I wonder - with a game like this - if one did ever work through it to successfully turn it into a multi-channel game - if now one's bot might be using a lot of memory. Could that be a real problem?

Just some thoughts....

It will be interesting to see what Spike^^ has to say about it.
For a fun (and popular) Trivia game, visit us at: irc.librairc.net #science-fiction . Over 300K Q & A to play in BogusTrivia !