egghelp.org community Forum Index
[ egghelp.org home | forum home ]
egghelp.org community
Discussion of eggdrop bots, shell accounts and tcl scripts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sports Scoreboard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    egghelp.org community Forum Index -> Script Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maphex
Voice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:27 am    Post subject: Sports Scoreboard Reply with quote

Looking fora script that can either auto announce or be triggered for sports sores like NFL NBA MLB etc. I have found a few around but none seem wot work. Maybe something that can read off the ESPN sites.
Found these 2 scripts not sure if they can be modified to work or not
https://github.com/leprechau/tcl-scripts/blob/master/eggtcl/scoreboard.tcl
http://www.refugezero.com/src/dist/eggdrop/scoreboard-0.3.tcl

Thanks in advance!
Get_A_Fix
Master

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm unfamiliar with the other scripts. I'm not a big sports fan, but you said you wanted MLB, NBA, NFL and with ESPN, so why not use their many RSS feeds for instant updates? You may have to use this script with the scoreboard.tcl to have more commands and information, that is up to you and what you want, but if you add enough RSS feeds to this script you won't need anything else. This will flood the channel with info and scores Razz

One of the best RSS script's I've personally used is RSS-Synd, and I've altered one for you to basically show you how you can add more.
This script comes with the following commands:
# !mlbnews
# !nbanews
# !nflnews
# !nhlnews

Any new RSS news updates are instantly announced into your selected channel.
You can find a copy of this script here. You should be able to just load the new script source into your *.conf file and perform a .rehash (there shouldn't be any reason to restart).
You can find the RSS pages that give score results and add them to the script for direct score output. So far, I just added news.

EDIT: I've had this running on one of my bots and it works perfectly. I added a file check system to the TCL to create the databases for you, as this was left out of the original script and ended up causing issues for user's.
Get_A_Fix
Master

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maphex, any luck?

I did have a !topnews command added, but it was giving posts and then the MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL would post the same thing, depending on the topic of news. So it was removed and the script is still working fine. I've been running it since I edited it for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    egghelp.org community Forum Index -> Script Requests All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: