egghelp.org community Forum Index
[ egghelp.org home | forum home ]
egghelp.org community
Discussion of eggdrop bots, shell accounts and tcl scripts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pickup script anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    egghelp.org community Forum Index -> Script Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheRedTurkey
Voice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:56 am    Post subject: Pickup script anyone? Reply with quote

Hi folks, i am really new in the Eggdrop scene and need a working pickup script for our channel.

a Pickup script lets ppl add them selfs to a player-pool and set server-info. when enough players are in the pool, the bot PN's all participants the server info and resets the script. so that the next pickup-match can be started.

I tried the addme.tcl from ozh, wont work. someone here in the forum corrected MANY of the code cause it was wrong.
Anywasy it dont work Sad

than i tried the play with friends script "pwf.tcl"

this "works", the eggdrop loads it but i cant get a match started.
authed, recognized and so on. everything fine. server info set and so on, but it doesnt start a match. even with the !enable command as a master or gameadmin.

next it thought : perhaps i'll write one myself. i did some coding with c++ a loooong time ago. to long... so i thought perhaps someone here will make ma a really simple pickupscript ?!

i dont need much.

- variable needed players count (2-Cool
- !addme, !removeme, !adduser (only by Match-Captain, which is the first who adds himself to a new match)
- captain should set server name and password via private msg to Bot
- changing of topic with current match info
- priv msg with servername & password to all added users when player limit is reached
- reset after match starts

thats mostly the core stuff which i need.

would be great if someone could do that for me OR can point out a "good" and working pickup script.

if this works fine and gets popular i will make a web and or android/iphone interface for that. with only buttons and no need to type the commands manually.

its for a game where MANY ppl ask for a solutuion for a problem which this could fix!

Last edited by TheRedTurkey on Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
SpiKe^^
Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were you looking for something like this Game-Pool script...

http://www.egghelp.org/tclhtml/3478-4-0-0-1-game-pool.htm

Get BogusTrivia 2.06.4.7 at www.mytclscripts.com
TheRedTurkey
Voice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpiKe^^ wrote:

oh yes! This looks great! thank you very much !

I will try this later today.
i would try now if i could get kitty or putty to run through our companies proxy Sad

worst case would be for me to make something myself. will be time consuming, but better than having nothing Wink
TheRedTurkey
Voice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpiKe^^ wrote:

Is it possible to change the script a bit?
i want it to start a pool everytime by itself. without interaction by an admin. now everytime an admin HAS TO start a new match with !pool.

thats counterproductive when no admin is online Sad

is there a way like a timer which ends a started pool if the admin doesn't respond for a period of time?

otherwhise the pool would be stuck.
image someone starts a pool, than his computer crashes and the pool wont start or end. that would be bad Sad

is there a way i could implement a timer? say 5 minutes and after that the pool gets reset so a new one can be started??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    egghelp.org community Forum Index -> Script Requests All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: