This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Eggdrop 1.8 does not set chanmodes with unrealircd 4.0.1

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
f
fabius3000
Voice

Eggdrop 1.8 does not set chanmodes with unrealircd 4.0.1

Post by fabius3000 »

Hi there,

I've recently upgraded to unrealircd 4.0.1. After a Debian upgrade I had to recompile my eggdrop bot (formerly version 1.6.20) and decided to go with the current development version 1.8.

Actually everything is working quite well. I just have the problem that the bot does not set chanmodes and does not op me when I join a channel (I wrote a TCL script that uses the built-in function 'botisop') although the bot has +o.

I've tried everything but wasn't able to find the error. Here's the channel info from my userfile:

Code: Select all

channel add #delirium {
  chanmode +sn
  idle-kick 0
  stopnethack-mode 0
  -statuslog
}
When the bot joins #delirium and is the only one in the channel it does nothing. Although it is opped, it doesn't set the chanmodes.

Does anyone know what I've done wrong?

Best regards,
fabius
w
willyw
Revered One

Re: Eggdrop 1.8 does not set chanmodes with unrealircd 4.0.1

Post by willyw »

fabius3000 wrote: ...
When the bot joins #delirium and is the only one in the channel it does nothing. Although it is opped, it doesn't set the chanmodes.
Some things to check:

Read this:
http://www.egghelp.org/faq.htm#102
There might be something helpful there.

Check the channel setttings - as described. By now, they might be different from whatever you have configured in eggdrop.conf.

Next - what network is this on?
Perhaps this network has Chanserv and some sort of mode lock is set up.
(Do you own the channel?... if this is set with Chanserv, can you edit the settings? )
...and does not op me when I join a channel (I wrote a TCL script that uses the built-in function 'botisop') although the bot has +o. ...
You'd need to post the entire script, or pastebin it and post the link.
http://paste.tclhelp.net

In the meantime, try the
.channel
command in the partyline, to get a listing of all users in the channel, including the bot itself.
Does that return show the bot as op'd? In other words, does the bot 'know' that it is op'd?

I hope this helps.
For a fun (and popular) Trivia game, visit us at: irc.librairc.net #science-fiction . Over 300K Q & A to play in BogusTrivia !
f
fabius3000
Voice

Post by fabius3000 »

That is exactly my problem. Using .channel #channame the bot doesn't know that it's opped although it has +o given by me (IRCD admin).

The weird thing is that if only ircdops and the bot is in a chan and the bot is the only one without +o it tries to rejoin the channel as it doesn't see the ircops.

I've checked the ircop flag but I don't have that 'invisible' flag so I really don't know what is going on.

The same configuration with eggdrop-1.16.20 works like a charm, so it can't be the IRCD configuration. But I don't have a clue what might have been changed to eggdrop so it doesn't recognized it's +o.

To answer your question: It's a private ircd that es entirely made for a few persons only.

The op .tcl script worked for years now and I'm sure that it's not a problem in the script. The only problem - and that needs to be fixed - is that the bot simply does NOT know that it's opped.
w
willyw
Revered One

Post by willyw »

Two things come to mind:

Just to be sure, check this section of eggdrop.conf :
# Some IRC servers are using some non-standard op-like channel prefixes/modes.
# Define them here so the bot can recognize them. Just "@" should be fine for
# most networks. Un-comment the second line for some UnrealIRCds.

set opchars "@"
#set opchars "@&~"

Next, visit :
https://github.com/eggheads/eggdrop

Reason:
Just yesterday, I saw in live chat a conversation similar to what you have described.
Perhaps there was a small bug in the code when that person downloaded it, because he was told to grab another copy and start over.
It sounded like the bug was quickly corrected.
Compile, install, and see if that cured it.

That person reported that it DID fix it.

Try it... why not, eh?

I believe this is the link:

https://github.com/eggheads/eggdrop/archive/v1.8.tar.gz

You did want version 1.8, correct?
For a fun (and popular) Trivia game, visit us at: irc.librairc.net #science-fiction . Over 300K Q & A to play in BogusTrivia !
f
fabius3000
Voice

Post by fabius3000 »

OMG now this sounds exactly like the problem I've encountered :-)

I will check this tomorrow and let you know! Thanks a ton, mate - I was about to give up!
f
fabius3000
Voice

Post by fabius3000 »

YES! IT WORKED!

Thank you so much for your help. I never thought that this could be a bug in eggdrop, but it was. It's now fixed and everything works like a charm :)

Thanks a ton for your help, bro!
w
willyw
Revered One

Post by willyw »

fabius3000 wrote:YES! IT WORKED!
Good to hear ! :)
Thank you so much for your help. I never thought that this could be a bug in eggdrop, but it was. It's now fixed and everything works like a charm :)

Thanks a ton for your help, bro!
It was really the folks on the development team. I just happened to be hanging around #eggdrop on Freenode at the right time to see some chat about it.... and save you some time.

Have fun with your new bot. :)
f
fabius3000
Voice

Post by fabius3000 »

Yes, that's right. Sometimes one simply has to be lucky. This time it was me :)

Have a nice day and greetings from cold Germany!