This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

CTCP chat BoT Ip 127.0.0.1 ?

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
j
juanamores
Master

CTCP chat BoT Ip 127.0.0.1 ?

Post by juanamores »

I know that the problem was discussed above , but do not understand why it happens ..
After making changes in my VPS (updates and security), my BoTs do not respond CTCP chat , and the IP show through in the CTCP window is 127.0.0.1
My IP and IP network are allowed by the firewall of my VPS.
DCC Chat session
-
Client: myBoT (127.0.0.1)
Time: Fri May 13 05:01:12 2016
-
Acknowledging chat request...
-
Unable to connect
-
DCC session closed
It is the only way that I can connect to the party line with mIRC , via /DCC never could.

Through a Telnet client I can connect without any problems.

I clarify that is not IRC network problem.
And I tried it on other networks and the same problem happens .

My IP is the same as that of the bots , but I never had problems with CTCP and I never saw in party line window this local IP 127.0.0.1 (at least I remember ..)

Today is there any way to solve CTCP chat with mIRC, or from now I can do it only with Telnet ?
If you do not understand my ideas is because I can not think in English, I help me with Google Translate. I only speak Spanish. Bear with me. Thanks :)
w
willyw
Revered One

Re: CTCP chat BoT Ip 127.0.0.1 ?

Post by willyw »

In eggdrop.conf, find:

Code: Select all

set my-ip
and experiment with that.

Use the bot's real ip.
For a fun (and popular) Trivia game, visit us at: irc.librairc.net #science-fiction . Over 300K Q & A to play in BogusTrivia !
j
juanamores
Master

Re: CTCP chat BoT Ip 127.0.0.1 ?

Post by juanamores »

Work perfect!!!

Thank you willyw :D
If you do not understand my ideas is because I can not think in English, I help me with Google Translate. I only speak Spanish. Bear with me. Thanks :)