This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Service.tcl (current version: 5.2.0.0)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
r
r0t3n
Owner

Service.tcl (current version: 5.2.0.0)

Post by r0t3n »

Howdy,

This is a script i have coded over several years, started around 2006. It was the script powering the much loved service bots of #pwnd.bots on QuakeNet back in the day, and has been kept as a private script until last year or so when I decided to do a rewrite and make the script modular ready for a public release.

This is still in progress, and due to lack of time its not complete, but the script is currently in use and still working, all the modular code is pretty much completed, what remains is dropping the dependency on the .conf file in favour of the .ini file, so some commands and functions need to be ported over to read the .ini values.

Main features:

Code: Select all

* Modular design. with commands and major elements/functions of the script separated  

* Modules:
** WHOIS (this implements a delayed whois system, waiting a defined number of seconds before performing a WHOIS on a user joining bot channel(s) to prevent flooding and lower bot load)
** AUTHBAN
** BADCHAN
** BADWORDS
** VIP

* Raw based protection for more fine grained control and speed (KICK/MODE/TOPIC)
* Enforced modes, autolimit etc
* Chanflags system
* User level system
* Custom tcl debug implemented directly into the core

* Autoupdate system based around GIT, effortless updating. A lot of effort has been put into making this non-breaking, new function config values will be placed in default.ini, this file should never be directly modified, only service.ini and service.conf

* Built in custom-coded TCL debug

Due to lack of time, please don't expect support or bug fixes. You are free to report bugs and request features etc, just no guarantee I will have time to fix/implement. If anyone would like to contribute, please send a pull request on github, fork your own copy or send a PM on here or IRC and I can add you to the repo contributors list.

Last but no least, here is the codebase: https://github.com/r0t3n/service

Enjoy!
r0t3n @ #r0t3n @ Quakenet