This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

!IMdB TCL kick Issue by Ford_Lawnmower

Help for those learning Tcl or writing their own scripts.
Fahad
Op

!IMdB TCL kick Issue by Ford_Lawnmower

Post by Fahad »

Hello, This TCL is working all fine but when i do !Imdb After the search over the bot get kicked.

<@Fahad> !imdb Kabali
&#139;+Statistics&#155; IMDb Title: Kabali (2016) Runtime: 153 min Genre: Action , Adventure , Crime , Drama Language: Tamil , English , Mandarin , French Country: India Director: Pa. Ranjith Writers: Pa. Ranjith Stars: Rajinikanth , Winston Chao , Radhika Apte
&#139;+Statistics&#155; IMDb Description: Directed by Pa. Ranjith. With Rajinikanth, Winston Chao, Radhika Apte, Dhansika. Before Indian Independence, many Tamils from South India were sent to Malaysia as indentured laborers. Kabali, the protagonist, fights this oppression. After a lengthy imprisonment, he is more determined than ever to fight for his people. Rating:
&#139;+Statistics&#155; IMDb .7 [**********] Critics: 25
&#139;+Statistics&#155; IMDb Cast: Rajinikanth , Winston Chao , Radhika Apte , Dhansika , Kalaiyarasan , Dinesh , John Vijay , Kishore Kumar G. , Riythvika , Mime Gopi , Hari , Nassar , Uday Mahesh , Gajaraj , Vinoth Plot: Kabaleeswaran, a revolutionary who fights for the betterment of his race in
&#139;+Statistics&#155; IMDb a foreign land, is falsely implicated and thrown behind bars. When he returns after his prison term, he starts a search for his wife and ends up confronting those who were the reason behind his miseries. What follows is a tale of revenge, emotion, drama, jealousy, treason, loyalty, love and
* Statistics was kicked by SilentTwilight (flood)
* Statistics (Statistics@Statistics.us.to) has joined #chatworld
* SilentTwilight sets mode: +v Statistics

I need help here. Why my bot kick when he do search... I even put this on SAVE list but still got kicked.
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Hello,
This is not an issue with the Imdb-script you are using, but how the flood protections of client/bot/whatever "SilentTwilight" has been setup.

If "SilentTwilight" is an eggdrop bot, I suggest you make sure "Statistics" is properly identified and granted "Friend" privileges (+f).
NML_375
Fahad
Op

Post by Fahad »

Thanks so much for replay nml375
Please tell me the DCC command for +f
I even Ignore Statistics bot from my Pro Bot SilentTwilight.
But nothing happens.
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

I am not familiar with "Pro Bot"...
Is that an eggdrop (script/module/etc)or other kind of irc robot?

As for eggdrops, the way to set any flags (including "Friend", +f), would be using the .chattr command.
NML_375
Fahad
Op

Post by Fahad »

It's just an protection bot and "Statistics" is my Stats bot with all features.

Could you please provide me with full command .chattr ? +f ?
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Managing user privileges is a rather basic task all bot-owners should be well-versed in. https://www.egghelp.org/using.htm#userfile should at least be a good start for you.
NML_375
Fahad
Op

Post by Fahad »

Actually, I did that those commands are not working very complicated.

.chattr <handle> +o ? Handle what?

.chattr <handle> +fo ??? I don't understand this ?
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

"Handle" is a different name for a user's (or bot's) username within the eggdrop user database.
NML_375
Fahad
Op

Post by Fahad »

It replay me like this <Fahad> .chattr Statistics +fo
<SilentTwilight> No such user!
Get_A_Fix
Master

Post by Get_A_Fix »

Fahad wrote:It replay me like this <Fahad> .chattr Statistics +fo
<SilentTwilight> No such user!
Did you add Statistics to SilentTwilight?

A handle is the name given to the account that the bot has been given. To see the accounts type:

Code: Select all

.match * 999
Chances are you didn't compile the bot with handlen=30 so it probably uses 9 and has changed Statistics to Statistic

If it did change it to Statistic, then do as you did: .chattr Statistic +f
f = friend (bot will exempt from floods). You don't need to give it the global operator 'o' flag.
We explore.. and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge.. and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias.. and you call us criminals.
Fahad
Op

Post by Fahad »

I am trying to add my "Statistics" bot Into "SilentTwilight" FriendsList.
Get_A_Fix
Master

Post by Get_A_Fix »

Fahad wrote:I am trying to add my "Statistics" bot Into "SilentTwilight" FriendsList.
Adding the bot is one thing (either adduser or +user), the chattr command modifies the flags/access of the account once it's created.

You may want to read up the dcc/telnet command reference.
We explore.. and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge.. and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias.. and you call us criminals.