This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Auto Voice To Those Who Are Register NICK.

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
Get_A_Fix
Master

Post by Get_A_Fix »

Fahad wrote:Have I put this command correct when Enable
.chanset #channel -/+checkisauth
.chanset #chatworld +checkisauth <---- Correct like this ?
Yes, that is correct, or instead of DCC/Telnet just type: !checkisreg on or !checkisreg off
Fahad wrote: Tcl error [join:checkisreg]: wrong # args: should be "join:checkisreg nick uhost hand chan arg"
I told you, there was an extra argument being carried by the join:checkisreg proc.
  • * Open the TCL file you have put this code in.
    * Highlight all the current code and then delete.
    * Copy/Paste the code from my first reply post, it is the same but with a fixed join:checkisreg
    * Rehash eggdrop to clean up.
My guess is that because the procedure is erroneous, it isn't performing the /whois, which would mean it won't voice.
We explore.. and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge.. and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias.. and you call us criminals.
Fahad
Op

Post by Fahad »

It works

Deadite sets mode: +v Statistics

One thing i like most which is public command for Enable and Disable... Thanks for the TCL... :D
Get_A_Fix
Master

Post by Get_A_Fix »

Fahad wrote:It works

Deadite sets mode: +v Statistics

One thing i like most which is public command for Enable and Disable... Thanks for the TCL... :D
Great! I always make my TCL scripts with a public/message command, but leaving DCC/telnet ability. This covers all methods and makes it usable for everyone, no matter their preference.

On IRC I usually connect through a bouncer, so my dcc ability was zero. Because I didn't want to telnet every time I needed a setting changed, I made public/message commands. I felt that if I made one command public it should have a corresponding message command (so people can enable/disable quietly, without annoying the channel). It also cuts down on other people asking "What does that do?" or them trying the same command.

If you like that script check out some of my others here. There may be more you can use.
We explore.. and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge.. and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias.. and you call us criminals.
Fahad
Op

Post by Fahad »

Sure I have download all your TCL's - Pretty good.
Are you planing to write more TCL's ? And what Kind?
Get_A_Fix
Master

Post by Get_A_Fix »

Fahad wrote:Sure I have download all your TCL's - Pretty good.
Are you planing to write more TCL's ? And what Kind?
lol, all? Some were made on/for DALnet, but all can be used on any network.
I'm not planning on writing anything, but sometimes people here ask for things that I may be able to help with. I closed down my IRC network after 5+yrs. The only script I haven't released, and won't be releasing, is my oper.mod (an oper TCL for eggdrop to act autonomously and via commands from staff).
Fahad
Op

Post by Fahad »

I mostly use TCLs on DALnet and UnderNet I am on other networks too but i am active only on these 2 networks. I am IRCop on NETIRC. Which network you mostly sit.?
s
simo
Revered One

Post by simo »

since you said you are ircop there is an option in anope to have registered users auto voiced when they join registered channel

im net admin as well on several networks
Fahad
Op

Post by Fahad »

simo wrote:since you said you are ircop there is an option in anope to have registered users auto voiced when they join registered channel

im net admin as well on several networks
Yes, But i don't use bot on server where I am admin.
s
simo
Revered One

Post by simo »

if you use anope u can use: ( this wil autovoice registered users )
/cs levels #channel set autovoice 0
Get_A_Fix
Master

Post by Get_A_Fix »

Fahad wrote:Which network you mostly sit.?
I was on DALnet for many many years but left about 5 or 6 months ago. I idle most networks but I am a little active on Freenode, Gamesurge and ChatLounge (where I have assisted in the development of the ChatIRCd and ChatServices software).
s
simo
Revered One

Post by simo »

you could also simply use channel mode +M wich allows registered nicks to speak on channel wich gives same effect and seems easier and faster than having channel filled with voice spam
Fahad
Op

Post by Fahad »

simo wrote:you could also simply use channel mode +M wich allows registered nicks to speak on channel wich gives same effect and seems easier and faster than having channel filled with voice spam
No, I was asking for the person who joins channel only register nick will get Auto Voice. My channel is always +M
s
simo
Revered One

Post by simo »

i was curious to know the benefit or porpose of voicing registered users
while channel mode +M already provides voice to registered users and mutes non registered
Get_A_Fix
Master

Post by Get_A_Fix »

People want what they want. I tend to only question it when it doesn't make a lot of sense. As I had already written a script for this request, I didn't mind sharing.
a
anotherrace
Voice

Post by anotherrace »

Sorry, but this script is not working for me. It always says:
[part_auth]: wrong # args: should be "part_auth nick host hand chan"
Could it be because of the other protection scripts that are loaded?