egghelp.org community Forum Index
[ egghelp.org home | forum home ]
egghelp.org community
Discussion of eggdrop bots, shell accounts and tcl scripts.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Installing ZNC !

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    egghelp.org community Forum Index -> Shell & Bouncer Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Fahad
Halfop


Joined: 29 Aug 2016
Posts: 99

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject: Help Installing ZNC ! Reply with quote

Hello, I am trying to Install ZNC but I always get this Error at the end. Please Help me with this...

ZNC was successfully compiled.
Use 'make install' to install ZNC to '/usr/local'.
Fahad@RuGaL:~/znc-1.6.4$ make install
test -d /usr/local/bin || /usr/bin/install -c -d /usr/local/bin
test -d /usr/local/include/znc || /usr/bin/install -c -d /usr/local/include/znc
/usr/bin/install: cannot change permissions of `/usr/local/include/znc': No such file or directory
make: * [install] Error 1


When I put " Make Install" I get This ERROR - What is this error called? I don't understand this?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Get_A_Fix
Master


Joined: 07 May 2005
Posts: 206
Location: New Zealand

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way you are installing the ZNC, it's using system wide config from /usr/local

To do it for your account only, use:
Code:

./configure --prefix="$HOME/.local" --with-openssl=/usr/lib/ssl


For more help, check out the installation guide for ZNC
_________________
We explore.. and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge.. and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias.. and you call us criminals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fahad
Halfop


Joined: 29 Aug 2016
Posts: 99

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Thanks, I show how solve that problem, But i am getting this message while i am setting up my VHost...

Disconnected from IRC (Server address is IPv6-only, but bindhost is IPv4-only). Reconnecting...

I Put my IPv6 IP while setting up Vhost on on www.freedns.afraid.org. How to solve this problem?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Get_A_Fix
Master


Joined: 07 May 2005
Posts: 206
Location: New Zealand

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fahad wrote:
OK Thanks, I show how solve that problem, But i am getting this message while i am setting up my VHost...

Disconnected from IRC (Server address is IPv6-only, but bindhost is IPv4-only). Reconnecting...

I Put my IPv6 IP while setting up Vhost on on www.freedns.afraid.org. How to solve this problem?


On your server, have you set your /etc/resolv.conf to announce nameservers for afraid.org? Did you set your IPv6 interface in /etc/network/interfaces ? If you're using apache, did you create a master zone inside /var/www for the domain you wish to use?
It's very difficult for me to say exactly what the problem is, I'm better at doing it myself than talking/walking someone through it.
_________________
We explore.. and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge.. and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias.. and you call us criminals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ezekiel
Voice


Joined: 16 Dec 2014
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your ZNC user profile at the BIND HOST need to enter the IP address and not the vhost for that to work..
If you added some new IPV6 first you need to check if these IP addresses are in your ifconfig or if they respond to ping, if they have reply... If not you can try, in your VPS cpanel, clicking on the 'Reconfigure Network' button, this should add your new IP addresses on the ifconfig and make them functional. If not just open a ticket to your hosting provider and tell them about the error.
Cheers!


Last edited by Ezekiel on Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Get_A_Fix
Master


Joined: 07 May 2005
Posts: 206
Location: New Zealand

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ezekiel wrote:
In your ZNC user profile at the BIND HOST need to enter the IP address and not the vhost for that to work..
If you added some new IPV6 first you need to check if these IP addresses are in your ifconfig or if they respod to ping, if they have reply... If not you can try, in your VPS cpanel, clicking on the 'Reconfigure Network' button, this should add your new IP addresses on the ifconfig and make them functional. If not just open a ticket to your hosting provider and tell them about the error.
Cheers!


ifconfig is the command to see/view the interfaces on the system, it reads what is added to /etc/network/interfaces. My question is to establish that the IPv6 address exists, once it's confirmed it does then Fahad can set/use it.

Alternatively, you can just type: ip -6 addr list
_________________
We explore.. and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge.. and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias.. and you call us criminals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fahad
Halfop


Joined: 29 Aug 2016
Posts: 99

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get_A_Fix wrote:
Ezekiel wrote:
In your ZNC user profile at the BIND HOST need to enter the IP address and not the vhost for that to work..
If you added some new IPV6 first you need to check if these IP addresses are in your ifconfig or if they respod to ping, if they have reply... If not you can try, in your VPS cpanel, clicking on the 'Reconfigure Network' button, this should add your new IP addresses on the ifconfig and make them functional. If not just open a ticket to your hosting provider and tell them about the error.
Cheers!


ifconfig is the command to see/view the interfaces on the system, it reads what is added to /etc/network/interfaces. My question is to establish that the IPv6 address exists, once it's confirmed it does then Fahad can set/use it.

Alternatively, you can just type: ip -6 addr list


<Fahad> ip -6 addr list
<*status> Unknown command [ip] try 'Help'?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fahad
Halfop


Joined: 29 Aug 2016
Posts: 99

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How I set /etc/resolv.conf ???
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fahad
Halfop


Joined: 29 Aug 2016
Posts: 99

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<*status> ZNC 1.6.4 - http://znc.in
<*status> IPv6: yes, SSL: yes, DNS: threads, charset: no
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Get_A_Fix
Master


Joined: 07 May 2005
Posts: 206
Location: New Zealand

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fahad wrote:
<Fahad> ip -6 addr list
<*status> Unknown command [ip] try 'Help'?


That is a server command, not a ZNC command.

Fahad wrote:
How I set /etc/resolv.conf ???


Use the nameservers given to you by afraid.org and add them to your /etc/resolv.conf or consult google if you don't understand what a nameserver is or how to set your resolv.conf file.

Fahad wrote:

<*status> ZNC 1.6.4 - http://znc.in
<*status> IPv6: yes, SSL: yes, DNS: threads, charset: no


Just because you compiled ZNC with IPv6 support doesn't mean you have IPv6 addresses added to your server.
_________________
We explore.. and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge.. and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias.. and you call us criminals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fahad
Halfop


Joined: 29 Aug 2016
Posts: 99

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is my IPv4 address. I Know it... What I do now?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fahad
Halfop


Joined: 29 Aug 2016
Posts: 99

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You - My Problem finally solved,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    egghelp.org community Forum Index -> Shell & Bouncer Help All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Forum hosting provided by Reverse.net

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
subGreen style by ktauber