egghelp.org community Forum Index
[ egghelp.org home | forum home ]
egghelp.org community
Discussion of eggdrop bots, shell accounts and tcl scripts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Simple Wunderground Weather Script - weather.tcl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    egghelp.org community Forum Index -> Script Support & Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peasaretheworst
Voice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:36 am    Post subject: Simple Wunderground Weather Script - weather.tcl Reply with quote

This is a very simple weather script that displays current information from Wunderground. Original author is credited in the comment of the script and is heavily modified by myself. Temperature information is displayed in both F and C, and is colored between blue and red depending on temperature. Wind is displayed in MPH and KMH. Windchill is presented if available, and is colored as well.

Works fine with TCL 8.5. Requies http.

- Temperature F/C (Colored)
- Humidity
- Wind & Wind Direction MPH/KMH
- Wind Chill (Colored) (If Applicable)
- Pressure inHg/hPa (Rising/Steady/Falling)
- Current Conditions
- Time Updated

Example Output:
!w denver, co

San Rafael Neighborhood, Denver, Colorado: Temperature: 31.4F (-0.3C) - Windchill: 29F (-2C) - Humidity: 96% - Wind: NE @ 3.1MPH (5.0KPH) gusting to 10.7MPH (17.2KPH) - Pressure: 29.81in (1009hPa) (Falling) - Conditions: Mostly Cloudy - Updated: 2:17 AM MST

.chanset #channel +weather

Other information on how to use the script is in the commented portion of the script.

https://github.com/purpleears/eggdrop_weather

This is my first post here, if I did anything wrong with this post please tell me!

Last edited by peasaretheworst on Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
cache
Master

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:

[10:10] Tcl error [pub_w]: can't read "data": no such variable
willyw
Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Simple Wunderground Weather Script - weather.tcl Reply with quote

Thanks !

It is not unusual to people to ask about a working weather script in various Eggdrop related channels.

It is nice to have something to point to, since incith-weather (last I knew) quit working. It had a lot of features, and seemed to be quite popular.
BillTech
Voice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shouldn't it be .chanset #channel +weather
CP1832
Halfop

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Simple Wunderground Weather Script - weather.tcl Reply with quote

willyw wrote:
It is nice to have something to point to, since incith-weather (last I knew) quit working. It had a lot of features, and seemed to be quite popular.
I'm still using incith-weather script and it's working just fine (although some features are missing). Here's the link to the working script: http://forum.egghelp.org/viewtopic.php?p=104918#104918
peasaretheworst
Voice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillTech wrote:
shouldn't it be .chanset #channel +weather

Fixed Smile. It was right in the script itself, but I messed up typing it here. Thanks!
Arkadietz
Halfop

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are awesome man! Many thanks for this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    egghelp.org community Forum Index -> Script Support & Releases All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: