This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Simple Wunderground Weather Script - weather.tcl

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
p
peasaretheworst
Voice

Simple Wunderground Weather Script - weather.tcl

Post by peasaretheworst »

This is a very simple weather script that displays current information from Wunderground. Original author is credited in the comment of the script and is heavily modified by myself. Temperature information is displayed in both F and C, and is colored between blue and red depending on temperature. Wind is displayed in MPH and KMH. Windchill is presented if available, and is colored as well.

Works fine with TCL 8.5. Requies http.

- Temperature F/C (Colored)
- Humidity
- Wind & Wind Direction MPH/KMH
- Wind Chill (Colored) (If Applicable)
- Pressure inHg/hPa (Rising/Steady/Falling)
- Current Conditions
- Time Updated

Example Output:
!w denver, co

San Rafael Neighborhood, Denver, Colorado: Temperature: 31.4F (-0.3C) - Windchill: 29F (-2C) - Humidity: 96% - Wind: NE @ 3.1MPH (5.0KPH) gusting to 10.7MPH (17.2KPH) - Pressure: 29.81in (1009hPa) (Falling) - Conditions: Mostly Cloudy - Updated: 2:17 AM MST

.chanset #channel +weather

Other information on how to use the script is in the commented portion of the script.

https://github.com/purpleears/eggdrop_weather

This is my first post here, if I did anything wrong with this post please tell me!
Last edited by peasaretheworst on Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
c
cache
Master

Post by cache »

Code: Select all

[10:10] Tcl error [pub_w]: can't read "data": no such variable
w
willyw
Revered One

Re: Simple Wunderground Weather Script - weather.tcl

Post by willyw »

Thanks !

It is not unusual to people to ask about a working weather script in various Eggdrop related channels.

It is nice to have something to point to, since incith-weather (last I knew) quit working. It had a lot of features, and seemed to be quite popular.
For a fun (and popular) Trivia game, visit us at: irc.librairc.net #science-fiction . Over 300K Q & A to play in BogusTrivia !
B
BillTech
Voice

Post by BillTech »

shouldn't it be .chanset #channel +weather
C
CP1832
Halfop

Re: Simple Wunderground Weather Script - weather.tcl

Post by CP1832 »

willyw wrote:It is nice to have something to point to, since incith-weather (last I knew) quit working. It had a lot of features, and seemed to be quite popular.
I'm still using incith-weather script and it's working just fine (although some features are missing). Here's the link to the working script: http://forum.egghelp.org/viewtopic.php?p=104918#104918
p
peasaretheworst
Voice

Post by peasaretheworst »

BillTech wrote:shouldn't it be .chanset #channel +weather
Fixed :). It was right in the script itself, but I messed up typing it here. Thanks!
Arkadietz
Halfop

Post by Arkadietz »

You are awesome man! Many thanks for this.
On a unix system everything is a file ; if something is not a file , it is a proccess.