This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Bot dies after a few days

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
E
Etni
Voice

Bot dies after a few days

Post by Etni »

Hi!

My eggdrop bot stops working randomly after a few days of being online. It's on IRC, but stops responding to DCC, the scripts don't do anything, etc. I can bring it back only by killing the process and restarting the bot.

Some parts of the bot still work, because eggdrop.log shows it trying to cycle a channel to regain ops. Nothing else in the log.

Any ideas what can cause this? I mean what would be the most obvious thing to look at first? I can start looking through scripts etc. but it'll be a pain because there's seemingly nothing wrong with the bot when I start it up, and it takes a few days to die.

Cheers!
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Before killing the bot if you are on linux do a htop or top and see it's CPU and RAM usage.

If the two are high then should check the scripts you have and find the culprit causing CPU and RAM usage in time.
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.