This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Defero Access Denied Error

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
f
fireblade
Voice

Defero Access Denied Error

Post by fireblade »

Hi, I've been using Defero for a while now,and love it, however I never had any problems updating or removing ip's from the eggdrops when i connect using the programme, I'm now trying to edit an ip address for one of my eggdrops, but for some reason, it wont allow me, I'm getting the following message "access denied" I even tried to remove the bot completely and re add it, with the same result "access denied" I've just noticed, I cannot edit any of the previous saved information on any eggdrops. Any ideas or help appreciated.
j
juanamores
Master

Re: Defero Access Denied Error

Post by juanamores »

fireblade, please type in the partyline .status and paste here the results of eggdrop running version and tcl libray.
Then, look at the port that connects your eggdrop BoT, sending a DCC or CTCP by your IRC client.
Like this:

Code: Select all

/ctcp Your_BoT chat
The result will be something like this:
19:50 => DCC Your_BoT [Your_BoT@Your_BoT.vhost] [ DCC CHAT chat 2513052208 4485 ]
Those last 4 digits, correspond to the port that you have to configure in your Defero for that BoT

If the port is configured properly, you have to look at the username and password of your nick in Defero.

To make sure you have the correct data, type in your IRC client the following:

Code: Select all

/msg Your_BoT pass <new_password>
Example:
/msg Your_BoT pass 123456
This password is the one that you have to configure in your Defero with your nick.

Review these procedures and paste the data I mentioned earlier, in case it continues to malfunction.
If you do not understand my ideas is because I can not think in English, I help me with Google Translate. I only speak Spanish. Bear with me. Thanks :)
f
fireblade
Voice

Post by fireblade »

Hi juanamores, thanks for your reply, I can connect to and view the partyline using defero, however if I try make a change in defero using the edit option, like change the bot iIP or delete the bot from defero, I get "access denied".

Maybe I'll just uninstall and reinstall defero.

Thanks

I am Oisin, running eggdrop v1.6.21: 43 users (mem: 221k).
Online for 2 days, 04:42 (background) - CPU: 01:00 - Cache hit: 22.6%
Configured with:
Config file: Oisin.conf
Tcl library: /usr/share/tcl8.5
Tcl version: 8.5.7 (header version 8.5.7)
Socket table: 20/100
Loaded module information:
j
juanamores
Master

Post by juanamores »

Ok fireblade, you have the same eggdrop configuration as me.
I hope that reinstalling the Defero will solve the problem.
See this post in case it can help you.
You can also see this other post.
Good lucky! :)
If you do not understand my ideas is because I can not think in English, I help me with Google Translate. I only speak Spanish. Bear with me. Thanks :)
f
fireblade
Voice

Post by fireblade »

Just a short update on what was causing my problems making changes using the edit button in Defero, it turned out to be Bitdefenders Ransomware Protection blocking any changes from taking place, all seems fine now.
Get_A_Fix
Master

Post by Get_A_Fix »

Shouldn't have needed to reinstall Defero, glad it's working now.
We explore.. and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge.. and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias.. and you call us criminals.