This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

darkMAGE botnet script

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
k
kyau
Voice

darkMAGE botnet script

Post by kyau »

Disclaimer: I am not the original author of this script, if you know who is please let me know!

............Copy Pasta from GitHub README.md
This botnet script has been around for longer than I can remember. While I know the original author was German, past this I know nothing (the script in its original form was given to me by a friend long ago). It has had three major iterations since, evolving originally from a clone of netbots that I called tribe9, these two scripts were merged together to form blackmajick which also gained a few external module scripts and channel limit control (imported from a script called dolimit) along with a BitchX clone mode (makes the eggdrop appear as if it is a BitchX client). Around 2006 I started getting back into TCL coding and IRC in general and modified the script quite a bit, only to once again rename the script to darkMAGE.
This script is mainly used for networks without services, such as EFnet. While it does have certain features that might be looked upon as "questionable" in nature (mass-deop, takeover, etc.) none of these are executed in a malicious way and involve the use of nothing more than inter-bot communication and IRC modes. Therefore, they have been kept in the script to preserve its full functionality.

https://github.com/kyau/darkmage

This script has stayed by the wayside for a couple of years now, I have recently imported it into GitHub and started working on it once more. It is currently in a state where most of it more of less works but some functionality is still in need of verification with the newer versions of eggdrop.

Comments, suggestions and the like are always welcome!