egghelp.org community Forum Index
[ egghelp.org home | forum home ]
egghelp.org community
Discussion of eggdrop bots, shell accounts and tcl scripts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BogusTrivia problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    egghelp.org community Forum Index -> Script Support & Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quoke
Voice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:06 pm    Post subject: BogusTrivia problem Reply with quote

Can anyone please help solve this problem if you have time? I would surely appreciate it.

It's happened twice now with the KAOS question. Some of the answers came out together but when I checked the database for the file, there was nothing wrong there. I downloaded this file from Spike's website.

1,9 .K409. KAOS: US, Canada and Other Holidays ? 12 Question Value : 36900 Points
01,09 1st Hint: Nine Possible Answers  12 Each Answer : 4100 Points

g12 Times up! 04 No one got 12 [Labor DayChristmas]

t2.kf.000.555:KAOS: US, Canada and Other Holidays*Labor Day*Christmas*Thanksgiving*Easter*Yom Kippur*Hannukah*Kwanzaa*President's Day*Halloween*Fourth Of July

I hope to hear back from you guys.

Thanks and more power.
SpiKe^^
Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:44 pm    Post subject: Hmmmm Reply with quote

I have no idea why you are having problems with your KAOS hints.

That behavior has not been reported by any other users.
I am unable to recreate similar issues on either of my 2 running copies of the script.

I have no suggestions or advice at this time.

Get BogusTrivia 2.06.4.7 at www.mytclscripts.com
or visit the New Tcl Acrhive at www.tclarchive.org
willyw
Revered One

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Hmmmm Reply with quote

Neither did I. ( I sent him here )

Through chatting about a previous problem, I discovered that some sort of Windows editor had been used to create a q&a file. We covered that, and I said that I would use nano.
Solved that one.

Later, this came up.
When I learned that the q&a file was not home-brewed, but came from the Bogus Trivia website - then I was stumped.

One thing possibly worth mentioning :
In his learning how to locate the question by using grep, it seems that he finds several copies of it. We haven't gone into that (yet), but :
Is it at all possible, that if a q&a already exists, that if a dupe file is then introduced using .add, that it could somehow affect things?
I seem to remember having made this flub myself, years ago, with no ill effects... but I have to ask now.... just grasping at straws.

Next:
Would it be worthwhile to start over? That is: delete all the KAOS (or even simply all ) q&a files, and get fresh copies and carefully do the process of .add and then mix - again?
Any thoughts on this?

Thank you for your time in considering these two things that I've brought up. I wish I could think of more.... it sure is odd.

And, thanks for BogusTrivia . Smile
quoke
Voice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject: Bogus trivia is up and running using eggdrop 1.8.3 Reply with quote

I would like to thank Spike^^^ and willyw for all the help regarding this matter. Both of my bogus trivia bots crashed while using eggdrop 1.8.4 and so was asked to set up a new one using eggdrop 1.8.3. I did that and also loaded the bogus trivia script. It's been running good so far but I'd like to mention that I noticed another error this morning which is possibly caused by having a duplicate file which willyw had mentioned in his comment.

.0573. Who, with Elton John, was co-author of hits such as Goodbye Yellow Brick Rdle In The Wind ?

t2.qf.000:Who, with Elton John, was co-author of hits such as Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and Candle In The Wind*bernie taupin

t2.qf.022:Who, with Elton John, was co-author of hits such as Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and Candle in the Wind*Bernie Taupin

I'm hoping for a suggestion to solve this issue.

Thank you again, guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    egghelp.org community Forum Index -> Script Support & Releases All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: