egghelp.org community Forum Index
[ egghelp.org home | forum home ]
egghelp.org community
Discussion of eggdrop bots, shell accounts and tcl scripts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using pushmode and putkick and having the bans set first

Post new topic   Reply to topic    egghelp.org community Forum Index -> Script Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simo
Master

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject: Using pushmode and putkick and having the bans set first Reply with quote

i was wondering if there would be a way to use both pushmode and putkick and always have the bans set first because we wanted to have both bans and kicks stacked as much as possible as some ircds offer such an option

i tried using SpiKe's method in his anti mass join tcl but couldnt figure it out
willyw
Revered One

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Using pushmode and putkick and having the bans set firs Reply with quote

Perhaps:

Code:

utimer 2 [list putkick #chan nick [reason] ]

to delay the kick for 2 seconds.
simo
Master

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that seems to work but if there would be a solution without the use of timers it would be prefered as it uses a lot of timers if called multiple times unless this is the only way ofcourse
caesar
Mint Rubber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pushmode and putquick use two different queues so the only way to somewhat circumvent this is, like willyw suggested, using an utimer.

As far as I remember (and looked at the last code posted on page 2) the anti-mass join script used putquick to stack bans and then the kick part is executed that also uses putquick. You get kicks then bans?
simo
Master

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always wanted to rather use that one for all scripts that need kicks and or bans but its to complex to figure out to me to use as a generic option to use for any tcl that has kicks and bans in them

spikes anti massjoin stacked kicks and bans im speaking of as that one does exactly what we want stacks all kicks and bans and pushes out the stacked bans first followed by the stacked kicks
ComputerTech
Op

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as i have seen with the scripts i experiment setting a utimer would be a solution i would use but if you find a second solution do share Smile
ComputerTech
Op

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe you could also use kickban it bans before kick i use that in my scripts Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    egghelp.org community Forum Index -> Script Requests All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: