This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Weather Script Request

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
play4free2
Voice

Weather Script Request

Post by play4free2 »

This is more of a question then a request. I was wondering why no one I have ever seen has used links like this: https://api.scorpstuff.com/weather.php? ... =London,UK or this: https://api.scorpstuff.com/weather.php? ... =London,UK to write a weather bot script. I don't write scripts that use JASON or HTML, but it looks like this would be easier to work from. Also you don't need an API key and I am sure some bigger networks even pay for the use of their API's. It has forecast also: https://api.scorpstuff.com/forecast.php ... =London,UK and https://api.scorpstuff.com/forecast.php ... =London,UK

Hope this the correct place for this,
Thanks,
play4free2
420-HIGHTIMES IRC Network
CrazyCat
Revered One

Post by CrazyCat »

Three reasons (for me):
1. this service is totally unknow from me
2. documentation is really lite
3. it returns unique string, so it can't be easily manipulated or modified to embed informations or (just an example) translate it

api returning json are really better
play4free2
Voice

Post by play4free2 »

CrazyCat wrote:Three reasons (for me):
1. this service is totally unknow from me
2. documentation is really lite
3. it returns unique string, so it can't be easily manipulated or modified to embed informations or (just an example) translate it

api returning json are really better
This api pulls from scorpstuff.com and is used for Streamlabs OBS and Streamelements Bots on Twitch.tv
CrazyCat
Revered One

Post by CrazyCat »

play4free2 wrote:This api pulls from scorpstuff.com and is used for Streamlabs OBS and Streamelements Bots on Twitch.tv
And ?

Take example of the weather function:
api wrote:Weather for London, GB: Haze with a temperature of 1.7 C (35 F). Wind is blowing from the North at 3.6 kph (2.24 mph) and the humidity is 93%
I'm french, how the hell do you want I use this in a french speaking channel ? This api is totaly useless for me.
play4free2
Voice

Post by play4free2 »

I'm french, how the hell do you want I use this in a french speaking channel ? This api is totaly useless for me.
I didn't say to make it in French, which I have not seen many scripts in French. But I was talking to the US coders that speak English US or UK. In fact the next time I am over on twitch.tv I will speak to one of the channel mods. and see which api they use. I know there is one in almost every language. Just not sure how to edit the URL or if they use different ones. Oh and BTW there is a Twitch addon in the newer versions of eegdrop 1.9.x and above.
Arnold_X-P
Master

Post by Arnold_X-P »

.:an ideal world:. www.geocities.ws/chateo/yo.htm
my programming place /server ix.scay.net:7005
ComputerTech
Master

Post by ComputerTech »

play4free2 wrote:
I didn't say to make it in French, which I have not seen many scripts in French. But I was talking to the US coders that speak English US or UK. In fact the next time I am over on twitch.tv I will speak to one of the channel mods. and see which api they use. I know there is one in almost every language. Just not sure how to edit the URL or if they use different ones. Oh and BTW there is a Twitch addon in the newer versions of eegdrop 1.9.x and above.
I'm not 100% sure what you mean by this but, are you saying that you are trying to modify the URL to modify the json language output or something else?
ComputerTech