This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Need help hacking pkb.tcl by SpiKe^^

Help for those learning Tcl or writing their own scripts.
SpiKe^^
Owner

Post by SpiKe^^ »

I find it hard to believe that someone would willingly choose to use an irc client that blindly adds unwanted random characters to the text they type: and then won't even allow them to backspace out those unwanted random characters:
SpiKe^^

Get BogusTrivia 2.06.4.7 at www.mytclscripts.com
or visit the New Tcl Acrhive at www.tclarchive.org
s
simo
Revered One

Post by simo »

To have to backspace it each time seems an annoyance to just strip out seems more practical and efficient

The client is good although i don't understand why they choose to add characters to the nick either i tested the client a few times and it seems it only adds the : when the sentence starts with a mentioned nick and using nick completer with it so i think i see why they added the char its to emphasize the sentence is addressed to the mentioned nick, so perhaps we are good and we actually don't need to strip the character as there wont be any.

thanks gents SpiKe^^ and crazycat much appreciated i believe this code will proof useful to many and deserves a spot in the tcl archives