This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Bass's seen script - accept channel join/part data from mIRC

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
f
fusionx
Voice

Bass's seen script - accept channel join/part data from mIRC

Post by fusionx »

Hi!

I'm using Bass's seen script, and my bot no longer has access to a channel where it gathered about 10,000 records. The new channel manager doesn't want any eggdrop bots, etc. My bot was removed amicably.

Would it be possible to modify the seen script to allow input from a mIRC client in that and other channels? I love being able to use seen this way, and of course, my data is becoming stale quickly.

I could see mIRC being able to format the join/part data correctly and pass it to the bot for inclusion and updates, etc.

Is this something anyone would want to take on?

Thanks in advance!
w
willyw
Revered One

Re: Bass's seen script - accept channel join/part data from

Post by willyw »

As I understand you, you want to be able to continue to have Bseen work for just you - the bot owner.

I'm thinking that your proposed method could be complicated. Let's see if somebody else comments otherwise.

In the meantime, just thinking about how to achieve your goal :

Have you ever played with these settings in eggdrop.conf ? :

Code: Select all

# There are also several variables to help make your bot less noticeable.
# They are: ctcp-version, ctcp-finger, and ctcp-userinfo. You can use set to set
# them to values you'd like.
That's copy and paste, right out of an older eggdrop.conf.

So, in use, you might have something like this:

Code: Select all

set ctcp-version "mIRC v6.31 Khaled Mardam-Bey"
set ctcp-userinfo "mIRC v6.31 Khaled Mardam-Bey"
set ctcp-finger "mIRC v6.31 Khaled Mardam-Bey"
And presto! :)
If/when anyone does a version request or whatever on your bot's nick, it responds and tells them that is it mIRC.
You could have it tell them that it is irssi, hexchat, or foofoo. ;)
Up to you.

Now your bot looks like just any old nick, sitting in the channel, never saying anything.
Be *sure* that it never says anything!

Examine the config of Bseen. If I recall, you can configure it such that it doesn't speak on certain channels. Perhaps it can be config'd to only work via /msg to the bot ... I can't remember... would have to check.
Then, you could make it so that it only responds to you.

All just thinking out loud, about a possible solution for you.....
For a fun (and popular) Trivia game, visit us at: irc.librairc.net #science-fiction . Over 300K Q & A to play in BogusTrivia !
f
fusionx
Voice

Post by fusionx »

Heya willyw - that would work in some channels, but I'm on good terms with the channel owner, and manager, and don't want to sneak a bot into there.

Thanks for the info about the ctcp values - that's actually very helpful for more general reasons.
w
willyw
Revered One

Post by willyw »

fusionx wrote:Heya willyw - that would work in some channels, but I'm on good terms with the channel owner, and manager, and don't want to sneak a bot into there.
Fair enough. Makes sense. ;)
Thanks for the info about the ctcp values - that's actually very helpful for more general reasons.
Good. :)
And you're welcome.
For a fun (and popular) Trivia game, visit us at: irc.librairc.net #science-fiction . Over 300K Q & A to play in BogusTrivia !