This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

blowcrypt

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
t
t00
Voice

blowcrypt

Post by t00 »

Hello

I've been using this blowcrypt script for encryption in the channel since eggdrop version 1.8.

The script always worked without errors. I have now updated from Eggdrop version 1.9.1 to version 1.9.4. and now the script suddenly doesn't work anymore.

The blowcrypt still works with version 1.9.1 and is therefore guaranteed that it works.

Link to blowcrypt script https://github.com/kniffy/blowcrypt/blo ... x-bc36.zip

the output in the channel is exactly the same without blowfish for both eggdrop versions

without key on mirc
<~xxx> !test
<@testbot191> +OK kry5i1b0gE107h0XY0J2sYs0eY9/41e9TZx1bhwJs1GyhUE188bMd190vdz/
<@testbot194> +OK kry5i1b0gE107h0XY0J2sYs0eY9/41e9TZx1bhwJs1GyhUE188bMd190vdz/

wit key on mirc
<~xxx> !test
<@testbot191> xxx-xxx@netadmin.xxx.net-*-#test-

testbot194 does not respond to the command

Unfortunately, I'm not good enough at Tcl to find the error.

it will not give an error. The commands are no longer recognized and the text is not encrypted or decrypted

when the script is loaded you can run a test with !test. for the Mirc you also need fish script, of course, so that you can save the channel key

download: https://syndicode.org/fish_10/

edit: I just tested it with version 1.9.3. the script still works perfectly there
t
thommey
Halfop

Post by thommey »

You are right that this is something we broke in Eggdrop 1.9.4 unintentionally.

The details are that the [binds] commands returns the mask for "anyone" as *|* instead of -|- as it used to. That is only in Eggdrop 1.9.4 and not in any other version. That causes a problem for scripts that rely on the previous behavior.

We are going to restore it in the next release of Eggdrop, which ever that will be (1.9.5 or 1.10.0).

In the meantime, please stick to Eggdrop 1.9.3 unless you want to patch the script to treat -|- the same as *|*