This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

psyBNC Scripting?

Help with usage of shell accounts and bouncers.
w
walkery

Post by walkery »

I'm sorry but i dont know to make a "shell script"... Maibe u will give me at least an example ... and how to use it ... :P
b
bobale
Voice

Post by bobale »

Code: Select all

;engl. NickServ @ irc.Nickserv.net
server NOTICE NickServ!services@krstarica.com * "*This nickname is registered*" echo "PRIVMSG NickServ :identify pass"
I use this script for auto-identifying to nickserv, but which is command for joining to channel? Channel list I set up in psybnc.conf is not working because of a server limit. So. now I gotta add new line in script for joinig a channel.

Can someone tell me which is command for joining a channel?
Cobi
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

bobale wrote:but which is command for joining to channel? Channel list I set up in psybnc.conf is not working because of a server limit. So. now I gotta add new line in script for joinig a channel.
Can someone tell me which is command for joining a channel?
I don't understand what you mean by a 'server limit'... Do you mean that you are already in too many channels with your bnc, or that it doesn't stay where you leave it?

USER1.CHANNELS.ENTRY0= The first channel the user wants to sit on.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

This thread restarted after 2 yrs?
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

...and while we are at ressurecting old threads :P here's a question:

does anyone know if it's possible to script filtering stuff from psybnc logs?

I'm annoyed it logs idiotic services notices all the time

I took a brief look at the file called SCRIPTING and it seems to me psybnc has very rudimentary scripting features and is not able to do what I need

so, I set up a cron job to sed out that stuff from logfiles; couldn't be bothered to investigate further by digging through source code
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

Well obviously, psybnc's scripting capability is very limited indeed if we compare them to an eggdrop bot. Basically as an idled bouncer I think it has not much use as well and the scripting feature will always be very limited.

Else if you know perl and c, then you can code and recompile the source and make it work as you like. :P
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

turns out it implements primitive event-bind system which relies on external programs (UNIX shell, perl interpreter, whatever) to do the actual scripting, piping I/O to them - a pity
O
Ofloo
Owner

Post by Ofloo »

XplaiN but think of me as stupid
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

a simple copy of the text file SCRIPTING which is included in psybnc distro, essentially saying what I said a couple of lines above
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

What about that login to X (on Undernet) when got connected to a server? How should it be done cos with walkery's example I've failed..
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

caesar wrote:What about that login to X (on Undernet) when got connected to a server? How should it be done cos with walkery's example I've failed..

server NOTICE X!cservice@undernet.org * "*nickname is registered*" echo "PRIVMSG x@channels.undernet.org :LOGIN <username> <password>"
i think the syntax is correct... copy this into ur scripts, name it appropriately, and then /sreload
:mrgreen:
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Good try but no, Undernet dosen't have NickServ or any other services of this kind so that will be useless. :roll:
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

That's why people have to buy shells just to compile psybnc's park their nicks, so they can always use their nick's and no one can get them. Same like EFnet or etc. Ah quit it, use DALnet, where you really own your assets.

Well IRC is a privelige and not a right!
- Nicks are not owned, they are temporarily used.
·­awyeah·

Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
G
Galadhrim
Op

Post by Galadhrim »

if u're using a cron job u can make a simple regex bash script that parses the log files? isn't that easier to do?
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

caesar wrote:Good try but no, Undernet dosen't have NickServ or any other services of this kind so that will be useless. :roll:
:roll: oh lord lol...so just change the script slightly, maybe 'binding' the event to a RAW numerical number, maybe....
SYNTAX: event function fromuhost/name to content script

server 001 caesar!*@* * "*Welcome to the Internet Relay Network*" echo "PRIVMSG x@channels.undernet.org :LOGIN <username> <password>"
? i'm real interested in how to make these psybnc scripts work, so any pointers would be appreciated