This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

TCL script to allow eggdrop to connect to BNC Bouncer

Help for those learning Tcl or writing their own scripts.
{
{T}huGGed

TCL script to allow eggdrop to connect to BNC Bouncer

Post by {T}huGGed »

I am looking for a TCL script that will let an eggdrop connect to a BNC bouncer. I have tried all of the scripts located in the TCL section of the Slennox's page but none of them function for me. The one that looked most promising was bestbnc.tcl but it didnt work either. Does anyone have a TCL script for a BNC bouncer that will function for me? In case your asking why I want to do this, it will allow me to run "almost" unlimited eggdrops from my nix box with an inexpensive low number process multiple vhost shell account. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

I would check the terms and coditions of your "Inexpensive, high v-host" account before attempting this.

There are many people that think the same as you, and it is a legitimate way to do somthing, if there are no other issues surounding the account.

Most providers, that allow BNC's, do so, but limit your ability (using written rules) to use them to this extent. In a example context, it is the same reason shell provides won't allow you to run a "Energymech".

There is usualy a T&C clause, that will deny you the ability to use more than X number of connections (most say 1) to a BNC. This prevents you from sharing the v-hosts with your friends, or from doing what you are trying to do.

Don't start thinking that you will do it until the admin notices. This is usualy the worst thing that you can do. 99% of T&C's, will specify the company can kill your account, without warning or reason, when you use the accout illegaly, and in breach of the T&C's. This sort of thing, is not exactly the sort of thing you can blame of a script issue in your bot.

Having said all that, do you get any errors from these scripts?

If not, you will need to edit the scripts properly, as they may need fine tuning for the BNC software you use.
{
{T}huGGed

Post by {T}huGGed »

NO, I don't get an error. As I said the most promising script is "bestbnc.tcl" found in the tcl archives under this site. Viewing with the -n switch when I start the bot, it gets onto the bouncer and is at the point where the bouncer notices "/quote PASS <password>" and the script never replies with the password. That is as far as the bot gets.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

As I sugested, you need to tweek the script, for that particular bouncer.

Over the while, BNC's have changed the messages they send, requesting info form the clinet. IE, password, telling then to use /conn

As such,t he Tcl scripts available, became unusable.

To fix this, read throught he script, and you will find lines, regarding password requests. Change these lines, so that they match the messages from your BNC software.
{
{T}huGGed

Post by {T}huGGed »

I was hoping someone would share their working script.

I am using the oldest versions of the bouncer that I can locate. I have checked the phrases that the bouncer puts out against what is listed in the TCL code and for at least the first step, which does not function, it matches exactly. The script is made for multiple bouncers and It appears it may never have worked with a BNC bouncer. The author is not able to be reached and he does not tell what version of BNC the TCL was written for. It would seem to me that there would have to be a setting in the script to tell which type of bouncer you are using but this is lacking as far as I can tell. If it isnt obvious I have no TCL programming abilities so other than comparing the bouncer phrases it is all "greek" to me. Thanks for your suggestions and concerns in this matter :)
e
egghead
Master

Post by egghead »

{T}huGGed wrote:I was hoping someone would share their working script.
[snip]
Thanks for your suggestions and concerns in this matter :)
A main concern in this matter is that you will start a dozen bots on your computer or an "almost" unlimited amount of it and connect it to an " inexpensive low number process multiple vhost shell account".

That is, for about 5 dollars a month you intend to burden a shell company with a dozen or an "almost" unlimited amount of incoming and outgoing connections which absorb bandwidth and with so many connections from one one user in one ip-range it can get the shell company klined.

Shell companies *pay* for their bandwidth and they like to keep kline free on IRC networks.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

It also sounds like you are too lazy, fail completly to understand wildcards (this is an intermedite skill of computing) and obviously fail to understand how irc networks/shell providers operate.

The strings used to match, the incoming text from the BNC, are in plain english. They need are case sensitive, so they need to be precice, in there puctuation, caps and lettering.

Apart from this, these scripts are very simple, and usualy (in my experience) have a lot of documentation for themselves (remember there small).

God help you on some of the othe scripts in the archive.
{
{T}huGGed

Post by {T}huGGed »

Apparently, oh consumer of tequila your brain has become addalpated when you surmise, or shall I say assume, that I am not only lazy but dimwitted. A true analysis of the situation might better be interpreted as one who is seeking help. Your comments indicate an attempt to take the light off the true situation. You are either unable or unwilling to share any expertise you might possess. I find your comments both inappropriate and childish. I find it unacceptable to be treated in the manner you have chosen and find inappropriate to do so in this particular forum. Perhaps this indicates the need for less tequila and more diplomacy. Try using spell check; your grammar and spelling are atrocious and make it difficult to take you seriously.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

What has my grammar got to do with things.

SO what if the only subject I failed in was english. You assuption, is that I am english, and that it is my native language (it is, but it isn't the point).

Yes, I may well have the asnwer, but thats not how I, or many other like to do things around here.

When I reply to questions, my goal is not to give a direct answer, but to try and ecorage a person to look and help themselves, with pointers.

If you want direct answers and solutions, I have a paypal account that needs a supliment. Remember, we do this for free.

At first, my answer, sugested where you should edit the scritp, and make sure that any text being detected, matches that, that your BNC software returns. It also went beyond this, giving an informative warning about both the dangers and what could possibly happen, if you where to do this.

To which you replied, that you received no error, the script you used, and how far it gets.

I replied, trying to make my point a little clearer, as it had only been a small potion, at the base of my prvious post.

Too which, you replied, asking for the easy way out, which, too be honest, IS lazy.

So out of this, I would guess, that I have helped, It is you now that is taking the light off the situation.

I am not unable to help, but yes, in true light, I am unwilling, though, this is usualy because the question sugests the user is also unwilling to help themselves.

If you had realy wanted to help yourself, you would have used the magic search button. There at leat 3 posts, that I can recall from memory, within the past 6 months, that have dealt with this issue. Now who is unwilling?

As for the tequila. Yes, I probably have. It costs lot (even more the next day), but it's worth it.

So what if I am dimwitted, have bad spelling and grammar. Who cares? I certainly don't. I landed myself in a network admin and intranet designers job, when I managed to fail English, IT studdies and the course that would have netered me into UNI. 2 years on the dole, and it landed me smakc bang in a job. So I just don't give one!
F
FoRc

Post by FoRc »

ayie
Voice

Post by ayie »

how to set BNC auto connect to IRC ??

can some one tell me or there is a tcl scripts out there!!!!!
Ay|e
Very Idiot Person In This World
http://www.labtek.biz/v2/
S
SpaceCat
Voice

Post by SpaceCat »

its kinda old but i think i have one that owrks just fine.
Last edited by SpaceCat on Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S
SpaceCat
Voice

Found it :)

Post by SpaceCat »

{T}huGGed. took me a while but i found it :)

#####################################
# Bnc.tcl by KuNgFo0 (www.eggfaq.com)

#VERSION 0.3
#DESCRIPTION Used for connecting the bot through a bounce server (specifically, bnc)

# Set the next few lines as the list of IRC servers you want to connect to
# through the bounce: "server port password" (port and password are optional)
set bnc_servers {
"irc.omegairc.org 6667"
}
# Set the next line as the pass for the bounce
set bnc_pass "yourpass"
# Set the next line as the vhost you want to use, leave "" for none
set bnc_vhost "any.vhost"
# Set the next line as the bounce server:port
set servers bouncerserver:port

proc notice_bnc {from keyword arg} {
global bnc_pass bnc_vhost bnc_servers
if {([string tolower [join [lrange [split $arg] 0 0]]] == "auth") || ([string tolower $from] == "bnc!system@bnc.com")} {
if {[string match "*you need to say*" [set bnc_notice [string tolower [join [lrange [split $arg] 1 end]]]]]} { putserv "PASS $bnc_pass" } \
elseif {([string match "*failed connection*" $bnc_notice]) || ([string match "*type /quote conn*" $bnc_notice]) || ([string match "*closing link*" $bnc_notice]) || ([string match "*disconnected*" $bnc_notice]) || ([string match "*not authorized*" $bnc_notice])} {
if {$bnc_vhost != ""} { putserv "VIP $bnc_vhost" }
putserv "CONN [lindex $bnc_servers [rand [llength $bnc_servers]]]"
}
}
}

bind raw - NOTICE notice_bnc

putlog "*** Bnc.tcl 0.3 by KuNgFo0 loaded"
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

SpaceCat wrote:its kinda old but i think i have one that owrks just fine.
You resurrected a dead thread? Not only "old" try "ancient" as in 2 years too late. :P
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
S
SpaceCat
Voice

Post by SpaceCat »

Alchera wrote:
SpaceCat wrote:its kinda old but i think i have one that owrks just fine.
You resurrected a dead thread? Not only "old" try "ancient" as in 2 years too late. :P
Right, Alchera. The thing is that many many people uses search engines like google to look for scripts or w/e rather than going to only one site
and pasting the script is gonna help someone lol d:

-----------------------
irc.omegairc.org #TheNobodies (: