This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Botnet probs - Sharing user info but not bot information?

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
t
ticker

Botnet probs - Sharing user info but not bot information?

Post by ticker »

Hi I am new to botnets! Ok, I followed the docs here regarding how to set up a botnet. While consoled in to the hub, after a .reload I see the user files were transferred successfully. The leaf node console sessions also show that the user file was sent successfully. For some reason I can't figure out, only the hub shows leaf node bots after a .match *. On a leaf node, a .match * only shows users that were added at the hub console, and not the remaining list of nodes (ie the bots themselves).

There is a fix it seems, go to every leaf and manually add the other leaf bots and give them the desired flags. I hope there is a way around this though. I want to add the bots on to the hub, and I want the leaf nodes to recognize all other bots and their flags without having to add them manually. What am I missing? Is this even possible?

Thanks kindly
D
Darmoth
Master

Post by Darmoth »

Did you set override-bots to 1 in the conf ? If so, set it to 0 or comment it out.
t
ticker

Post by ticker »

It was already commented out on all bots..