egghelp.org community Forum Index
[ egghelp.org home | forum home ]
egghelp.org community
Discussion of eggdrop bots, shell accounts and tcl scripts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Botnetop.tcl problems

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    egghelp.org community Forum Index -> Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BassezAss

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:01 am    Post subject: Botnetop.tcl problems Reply with quote

Hi guys,

i've been trying to set up a botnet on my bots. Currently i have 3 linked bots. I followed the instruction on web site but the script is not working.

That's what i got:
[2:59am] <bot> Running netbots.tcl v4.09
[2:59am] <bot> 3 bots on the botnet.
[2:59am] <me> .netbots
[2:59am] <bot> What? You need '.help'

Can anyone please tell me why the script is loaded and functionnal but i can't use the netbots commands???
Papillon
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have the global owner flag? (+n)
BassezAss

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i do, I,m set as the owner.

[3:06am] <bot> Local time is now 03:05
[3:06am] <bot> You are an owner of this bot. Only +n users can see this! For more info,
Papillon
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it just the .netbots command not working, or none of them?
does .nethelp work? .. if it does please do .nethelp netbots and read carefully what it says Smile
BassezAss

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the .nethelp command is working but .nethelp netbots command is not working.

[03:17] <me> .nethelp
[3:17am] <bot> [03:16] #me# nethelp
[3:17am] <bot> chanlimit.tcl commands
[3:17am] <bot> For channel masters:
[3:17am] <bot> dolimit stoplimit startlimit
[3:17am] <bot> sentinel.tcl commands
[3:17am] <bot> For channel masters:
[3:17am] <bot> sentinel
[3:17am] <bot> For channel ops:
[3:17am] <bot> lock unlock

that's all i got
Papillon
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what I can see you are not recognised as the owner of the bot by the script. Either you have messed up the settings, or the code... or there is something abit funny goin on :p
I suggest you look over the settings once more, when you have done that... do it once again .. if it still doesn't work, try changing the settings. Very Happy
slennox
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the nb_owner setting in netset.tcl. If that is enabled, you need to be a "permanent" owner, not just a +n. To be a permanent owner you need to add your handle to the "set owner" line in the bot's config file.
mcdarby
Halfop

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papillon wrote:
from what I can see you are not recognised as the owner of the bot by the script. Either you have messed up the settings, or the code... or there is something abit funny goin on :p
I suggest you look over the settings once more, when you have done that... do it once again .. if it still doesn't work, try changing the settings. Very Happy

The only thing funny, perhaps not funny in this case, is that you have something exploiding eggdrop script and managed to hack themself into someone else's eggdrop's party line. In which case, aren't the owner +n or master +m of the bot and have possibly motive of asking for help here with eggdrop to take control of someone else's irc channel or the botnet of the irc network. My suggestion would be to contact the makers of eggdrop to let them know about a possible breach somewhere in eggdrop and for you here to monitor the user closely for any evidence to foward to the proper authorities. And if this isn't the case, I apologize, but the above thread did sound a bit fishy for something not good going on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
slennox
Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcdarby wrote:
And if this isn't the case, I apologize, but the above thread did sound a bit fishy for something not good going on.

That's okay. The wires in people's brains getting mixed up is a frequent occurence here Laughing

Without ruling out other possibilities, the problem as Bassez described it is consistent with enabling nb_owner but not setting the owner(s) properly in the config file.
BassezAss

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slennox was right, i changed my handle on the bots but i forgot to put back my new one in the config file.

So thx a lot guys for your help guys i really appreciate that, now it's working properly. Special thx to slennox for your great site Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    egghelp.org community Forum Index -> Archive All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: