This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

hmm netbots what am i doing wrong

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
O
Ofloo
Owner

hmm netbots what am i doing wrong

Post by Ofloo »

noob question i got netbots script, allworks but one question tho how do i make it perfrom on all bots if i rehash, netrehash it only rehashes the current bot not all the bots that are linked

can i use it between hubs like

Code: Select all

L L L 
  | | |
L-H-H-H-L
  \ | /
    H
is this possible ?? or not ??

can i link thme like this
currently i have 2 bots linked just to test the script out

how is the best way to link bots
i want to use more then one hub but i wana controll those hubs from one place i dont want to login like 50 times
slennox
Owner

Re: hmm netbots what am i doing wrong

Post by slennox »

Ofloo wrote:i got netbots script, allworks but one question tho how do i make it perfrom on all bots if i rehash, netrehash it only rehashes the current bot not all the bots that are linked
You probably haven't set up the netbot flags completely (every bot must have the netbot flag for every other netbot). If you can't be bothered with that, consider changing the nb_flag setting to "b" or "all". Refer to the main documentation and top part of the components documentation for more info.
is this possible ?? or not ??

can i link thme like this
Linking the three subhubs directly as shown in your diagram isn't possible.

I've never had a large enough botnet to require more than the traditional one hub/althub + leaves setup, so I can't tell you what the best setup would be since I haven't given it a great deal of thought. I can say that if you're not using more than, say, ten bots, I don't think any "subhubs" should be required. And you probably don't want the added complexity if you're new to botnets and netbots.tcl.
O
Ofloo
Owner

Post by Ofloo »

i made the diagram simple to understand it is over 30 bots now wil be arround 200 when i am finished .. :/

what is the flag thing your talking about is it N ??
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

It can be N (or another upper-case letter), b, or "all". As I said before, refer to the main documentation and top part of the components documentation for more info on those settings.

If you use N, each bot must be given that flag on every other bot. Depending on how you have sharing set up (if at all), this might be a simple matter of doing .netbots add bot1,bot2,bot2,etc on one bot, or you may have to do that command on every bot.
O
Ofloo
Owner

Post by Ofloo »

ok works it was N i have put it to N ;) so what is the difference between b N all in plain english cause ive read the docu but couldn't make mutch of it .. :/