This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

ircx

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
G

Post by Guest »

I'm trying to get my eggdrop somewhat compatbile with ircx.

Ircx is a microsoft ircx extention. It's not my choice to use it, but it ain't my descision.

On this ircx configuration you can (and that's precicely what I want the bot to do) gain operatorship by joining with a channelkey. The problem is, the channel is not set +k.

Thus I must find a way, by a script, or modifying the source code, to make the bot always act, during joins, like the channel is +k (not while he's on the channel, he mustn't change the chanmodes). Or, to put it in another way, the bot must somehow join this channel always with "JOIN #channel mykey"...

I'm aware of the eggdrop ircx patch, but as far as I know, it only works on eggdrop 1.5.x, wich is no option either.

Any help is welcome!
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

I am unsure if any attempt has been made to upgrade from 1.5.x to 1.6.x.

Why is 1.5.X no good?

Have you tried downloading eggdrop+ircx, maybe looking at the code will help you correct the coding for your needs.
I
Ian-Highlander
Op

Post by Ian-Highlander »

The current patches that are available are for 1.3.21, 1.3.23 and 1.5.4 these are version specific and apply quite a few source code changes, I am currently working on a new version for 1.6.* but this will be some time in coming.

The patches are available on my website should you want to try them.
http://www.eggdropsrus.co.uk

Regards

Ian-Highlander
"Insanity Takes Its Toll, Please Have Exact Change"