egghelp.org community Forum Index
[ egghelp.org home | forum home ]
egghelp.org community
Discussion of eggdrop bots, shell accounts and tcl scripts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

chanlimit with random/set delay

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    egghelp.org community Forum Index -> Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bytez
Op

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:16 pm    Post subject: chanlimit with random/set delay Reply with quote

Hi, I'm currently using the non-netbots version of chanlimit1.5. I was wondering if there will be a random delay option like the one on netbots in the future? The reason is because I don't want to have to go through the hassle of configuring again since I only want that one feature in the netbots version. I want more than one bot to have the chanlimit running so there is always a bot available to do the limiting whenever the other bots are not available.

Slennox, is it possible for you paste the code to add a random delay to the non-netbots version of chanlimit1.5.tcl and an option to load the script on all bots ? Very Happy Thanks.
slennox
Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three things I'll probably be motivated to do with chanlimit.tcl in the next week:
  • Add a random delay, as suggested by yourself.
  • Add a +l enforcement option, as suggested by Oliviero.
  • Set the limit based on the number of users in the channel (a percentage setting) rather than a fixed number, as suggested by myself.

Then I'll release it as an updated netbots component and standalone version.

The condition is that someone here has to test it, otherwise I'm not doing anything Evil or Very Mad
Bytez
Op

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Slennox, I'll surely test it Your scripts rocks! Very Happy
Sir_Fz
Revered One

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont have any problem testing it too Very Happy

- Opposing

Public Tcl scripts
slennox
Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here it is finally. I actually finished most of the code changes a couple of weeks ago, but got sidetracked (as one does) before finishing the documentation.

I didn't add my "set the limit based on the number of users in the channel (a percentage setting)" feature--after some thinking I decided it would be silly in practice. Instead, I implemented a feature that will let you do ".chanset #channel +chanlimit" and the like, which I believe is what some people want.

This is the first of the stock netbots.tcl components to be made in a "unified" format so that I don't have to maintain a separate netbots.tcl component and standalone version. This required the setting descriptions be split into a separate "readme.txt" file, so that the little settings block in the script file itself can be copied to netset.tcl, if required, without making a mess. I was also thinking of making the readme.txt in HTML instead. In any case, the "settings descriptions" section needs improvement and I might add the "default" and "valid settings" tips which are a feature of the netbots.tcl component docs.

In future I intend to split all of the components (botnetop.tcl, extras.tcl, etc.) from the netbots.tcl core and create these separate unified versions. This will allow me to update them individually, instead of netbots.tcl as a whole (which is too big for me to work on these days). I won't be doing anything revolutionary with the scripts, just adding some basic features as I've done with chanlimit.tcl. I'll also stamp the GNU GPL on them to replace my poor excuse for a licence.

Anyway, load the thing and let me know if it spits out errors or doesn't work as expected Cool

http://www.egghelp.org/chanlimit4.5.tar.gz
Sir_Fz
Revered One

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it works soomthely with no errors Smile , I haven't tried the new features yet (I only enabled the server limit check, but yet didnt happen). I'll inform if anything detected. thank you Smile

- Opposing

Public Tcl scripts
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    egghelp.org community Forum Index -> Archive All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: