This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Problems with eggdrop

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
m
mdixon4az
Voice

Problems with eggdrop

Post by mdixon4az »

I have two eggdrops running, but they seem to go "idle" and stop monitoring the channel activities. For example, one is running trivia, after an hour or two the trivia will stop mid questions and the bot stops logging everything said in the channel. I have the config files set to log all channel chatter, but when this happens the log files do not reflect any chat in the channl.

I have found that if I DCC into the bot and issue the .say command it "wakes up" and will again notice the chat in the channel for an hour or two.

I have checked everything I can think of in the config files. I have deleted the channel files and had the bot rebuild them, I have played with the network type in the config but I have not been able to get them to work properly.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

IRCd: PleXusIRCd-1.15 oiwszcerkfydnxbaugl biklmnopstveIha bkloveIh
WALLCHOPS KNOCK EXCEPTS INVEX MODES=4 MAXCHANNELS=15 MAXBANS=25 MAXTARGETS=4 NICKLEN=30 TOPICLEN=400 KICKLEN=400 are supported by this server
CHANTYPES=# PREFIX=(ohv)@%+ CHANMODES=eIb,k,l,imnpstZcR CASEMAPPING=rfc1459 CALLERID are supported by this server

Looks like the network is the culprit with some of the modes it sets on users automatically
CrazyCat
Revered One

Post by CrazyCat »

well, no auto-away script?
when you're egg goes sleeping, just make a /whois [eggdrop]
Peharps you have a script trouble...
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

Does your network set a user +a before it sets mode +o?
m
mdixon4az
Voice

Post by mdixon4az »

No they stop sending channel chat to users that have been idle for 30 minutes. We just set up a script to keep it talking.

Thanks