This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Pardon the newbie, but...

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
G

Post by Guest »

I'm having a bit of a problem understanding the channel flag/user flag options for eggdrop. I've checked out a lot of the help resources, but not finding anything that is helping me...

I am running eggdrop 1.6.6 on ircd-hybrid 6.0. I have installed both, and ran a modified eggdrop.simple.conf file with the -m option, then introduced myself to the bot to become master.
I want to configure the bot to wait on a channel '#test' (and several others) and op certian users on join; I also want to be able to change the flags given to users and channels, but am having trouble doing so.
Is it possible to modify only the .user and .chan files in the eggdrop installation directory and accomplish this, or must it be done through DCC/telnet to the bot?

Another thing - after modifying my conf file (test.simple.conf)to read:
channel add #test {
+n-likm
idle-kick 0
stop nethack-mode 0
}

I find that still, when joining the channel, the channel is running in the default +tn mode. Why is that?
I peeked in the testbot.chan file that I created and see in there it lists 'chanmode +tn-likm'. Apparently it is loading the setting from this file, and not the conf? Blyad.
Which is the file that needs modified, or is it the telnet/DCC mode that I need to set options from?
c
codak

Post by codak »

try dcc to your bot and using the command to rehash. (.rehash). that will reload your eggdrop configuration file and update your bot.chan file.

also about changing the users flag. you can see better mode options if you use the command .help whois and just .whois user

the global op mode (+o) will give a user ops on any channel the bot sits on.
use the command .chattr to change the attributes of a user while you are in dcc.

slennox has a great command reference so you should definitly go through that and read them. also use the .help <command> on individual commands to see the options that gives you and what they do.

I also advise going through a webring for eggdrop websites:

<url>http://nav.webring.yahoo.com/hub?ring=eggdrop&list</url>

that will give you alot of help as well.

Hope this helps alittle bit.
G

Post by Guest »

Thanks - it helped a lot. I see all the flags I can set under .help whois and now I have set my user to be autooped when he joins any channel the bot is on (global op?)
Anyways, with that out of the way..
We are trying to host a server with a clean language environment - is the bot capable of monitoring language and kicking/banning perpetrators, or is another package needed?
Thx
c
codak

Post by codak »

here is a link to some tickle scripts that monitor any bad words said in the channel or in their nick and takes appropriate(sp) action. This link comes from slennox's tcl script archive. Where you can find alot of useful scripts. Though as in all things, read over the code throughly and make sure that it does what you need it to do and not something you don't.

http://www.egghelp.org/cgi-bin/tclarchi ... &results=1

G

Post by Guest »

Thanks. I looked over Bad Words and it seems to be a good one.
I appreciate the help.