This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

nospam1.7.2 - ppslim

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
E
EEggy
Op

nospam1.7.2 - ppslim

Post by EEggy »

Hi ppslim,

Is nospam1.7.2 is the latest and the greatest version? or you gonna release the new version? oh also i think you had mentioned in one of your post that you will also release your other scripts as well, and will post the link..we are still waiting heh

Thanks
EEggy
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

I ahve also released a post since then stating I am no longer developing the script.

A a long time, I was working 6 hours a day, three days a week and spent almost 100% of my free time on the computer.

I now have a full time job in computing, and as such, relax for msot of my time off.

Developing such scripts is near impossible now for me.

As for my smaller scripts, I now havew no way of retrieving them. They where stored on my laptop, which one day took a nosedive. I was attmepting to get some work related stuff off it and the CD writter, LAN and CF readers would no longer work.

The CF reader refused to be recognised, the CD writter would not be detected by Nero and the LAN would transfer 10bytes and stall.

The system has been re-formatted, losing all work (now backup method) and it still won't work.

I may have one or two of them, but locating them won't be easy.
E
EEggy
Op

Post by EEggy »

Thanks, PPslim - Congr. for the full time job, and i wish you all the best, i understand with full time job... , no time for scripting..

but is someone taking over? no!spam script's development? its very nice script, and all your hard work and all, i hope someone is taking over....

so 1.7.2 was the last version right?

thanks a lot.
EEggy
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Yes, the last version is 1.7.2, according to No!Spam project page hosted by the SourceForge. That is a terrible news that you've lost your projects stored on your laptop. I'm really sorry to hear that.. Anyway, I wish you the best luck in the word with your everyday job and thank you for the time you spend among us, the mortal ones. :)
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

lol, this isn't new news.

I have been in this position for a while now.

It's almost 2 years since I started this job and somthing around 8 - 11 months since I stated that work loads increased so I had to move onto that more.

Most of my work is support related, however, I do a lot of work with consultancy, systems instalation, network instalation and managment, plus I get paid referals for any internet connectivity I provide.

I visit here about once a day and selectivly choose what I reply to. Some of the more familiar faces and advanced topics get my priority (yup, some of you guys get a little more attention off me that others).

My problem at this time with long scripts is they bore me. Unless they are for me, or directly related to work, there is no real goal with them.

As such, I tend to stick to tiny challenges. THere is one that has my fancy at the moment, which is to re-port the code for an election module I was presented with.

THat is somthign that went down with my laptop, but I still ahve the C, so I can re-do it.
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

I know that this ain't good (or new even) news but I was refering at your laptop problem, not directly at your full time job or something similar. I for one do apreciate your time that you spend around, duno what others say about this, but IMHO you where and will be The One :) Yes, we may wish you were here more time but your life is first that needs attention, next is the virtual world and us. Thanks for the "little more attention" if I'm one of the "guys" :mrgreen:
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
Yourname
Master

Post by Yourname »

Thanks for the special attention and those 'extra' services PPSlim. I know you love me. :D
Dormant egghead.
M
Mackenzie
Voice

Post by Mackenzie »

hello ppslim...

i wanna use nospam 1.7.2 but i cant find the no.spam.leaf.tcl
Though, the bots must be linked with the hub running no!spam 1.7.0
or later, and the leaf(s) using no.spam.leaf.tcl.
where can i find it?
tnx
Mack
Yourname
Master

Post by Yourname »

Download the zip file, and you'll find the leaf script in it.
Dormant egghead.
M
Mackenzie
Voice

Post by Mackenzie »

Yourname wrote:Download the zip file, and you'll find the leaf script in it.
hey yourname
tnx a lot

greetz
Mack