This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

bind SPLT

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
B
Baerchen

Post by Baerchen »

Hi,

is anything known that eggdrop's (1.6.7+cmd_boot on FreeBSD4.3-RC) "bind splt" is not working properly on DalNet?
When checking .binds I would expect to see the number that bind has been triggered but it remains at 0, no matter how many users split. Accordingly, all procs bound to splt do not execute.

Does anyone know about this issue, and if so, how to fix it (assumed I can and it's no core stuff)? Pls assume I used the correct syntax.

br,

Baerchen
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

The splt bind relies on a certain quit message to be made by the client. As such, a netsplit can be easiuly faked to eggdrop, and no TCL script should use splt info to op other users.

I am unsure of the quit messages on (EEK) DALnet. Could some1 give an give an example of what message you see on a netsplit.

Assuming DALnet does give a quit message suficient to cause a split, I do not see anything wrong in the code that could cause a problem.

Are there any errors generated by the proc? WHat are they.

Assumptions are no good, unless we can actualy see that the args are correct, then we will assume they are wrong.