This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Melts NickChecker against flood bots

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Ummm .. and what exactly is wrong with it [R]? Contacting the author would be such a good idea. :)
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

[R]:

Use the code I gave or demond gave, they are certainly most better than the one you are currently using. Mine has a ratio of 98% to 2% of kicking innocent users always demond's seems good.
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
[R]
Halfop

Post by [R] »

can you paste the hole code?
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

Can you download the WHOLE script.
·­awyeah·

Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
[R]
Halfop

Post by [R] »

Hello,

Spambuster isnt in my language and seems not good.
I have tested melts script.... mmhh:

Code: Select all

•• j6745 (~a231@66.144.5.****-dc5d1a0e) has joined #b.a.t.z
Nothing happens :I

Greets&Thx
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Alchera wrote:Contacting the author would be such a good idea. :)
Search | FAQ | RTM
[R]
Halfop

Post by [R] »

Hello,

no answer... :roll:

Greets&Thx
Stealthx
Halfop

Post by Stealthx »

I've used Meltdowns NickChecker V0.1 and it don't works for me... As in when flood bots/drones joined a channel, nothing happen, the bot doesn't do anything to the flood bot.
+ Stealth Box +
m
metroid
Owner

Post by metroid »

Stop being so ingratefull [R], Be glad people are still responding to this thread eventhough you keep saying "no" to every option you get.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Here we go! Go here and look for an alternative that does work! For once [R] try and do something yourself. Now that would be a novelty wouldn't it? :-?
Search | FAQ | RTM
[R]
Halfop

Post by [R] »

hello,

dont be nasty :P
Thx

Greets&Thx

btw: meltdown scripts sucken
m
metroid
Owner

Post by metroid »

Then stop using any scripts and write your own.

btw: [R] sucks
Stealthx
Halfop

Post by Stealthx »

btw: meltdown scripts sucken
People code a TCL for public use, we should appreciate it instead of using nasty word like "sucken". Anyway, like what Alchera have said...
Contacting the author would be such a good idea.
+ Stealth Box +
]Kami[
Owner

Post by ]Kami[ »

Stealthx wrote:I've used Meltdowns NickChecker V0.1 and it don't works for me... As in when flood bots/drones joined a channel, nothing happen, the bot doesn't do anything to the flood bot.
Yep, it always don't work... You can't find good script which will ALWAYS work vs random nicks... It's just to hard to make one, because there will always be nick which won't be banned by script, because his nick won't be find suspicious...

Btw about public scripts i totally agree with MC_8 (too much annoying ppl around)
~~~ Latest News ~~~ May 11th, 2004

Sorry, I don't code for the public any more. I may make a come back, but don't count on it.

Coding for the public has turned into a repedative and mind numbing task. Most of my time
was either spent making requested script (that I would never in my life use myself) or
adding new features to current scripts (again, that I would never [censored] use myself).

Back when I started programming TCL for Eggdrop I found everything I did fun. I was using
both the creative side of my brain, as well as the logic side. In the past few years, I
havn't been using either side! Getting creative was out of the question, I had a preset
guideline I started following -- both my scripting pattern as well as the design layout
presented to me by the public. And for using the logicial side of my brain... well, didn't
really need that -- I knew TCL well enough to write it as if it were my first language
(ie, didn't have to think too much about it).

So now what? I donno, don't ask me.
I still do TCL scripts, but only for myself (NO ONE ELSE, dont' ask).
I also help TCL coders with questions and problem in #tcl and #eggdrop at Undernet.

If I ever do make a comback, I will probably drop alot of the bullshit I had in the past.
What exactly?
- The SVS system .... 350 or so lines of code. Degigned to auto update the script if there
is a new version. Ok, I used this alot, but only because of the content changes I made
due to public demand.
- The ECS system .... 105 or so lines of code. Designed to report bugs directly to me.
- Alot of options will go away (if you want it to do something else, learn TCL and modify it
yourself).
- Most of the catches to ensure people set [censored] correctly (if your not smart enough to set
variables in the way it's described in the documentation, then die).
- The documentation will shrink (specifically the history), I write lines upon lines of
information for the user when infact only 3% of them actually read it.
- On the fly configuration. As with mc.bad_words -- you can configure it's bad words
directly from DCC console. Umm, I never needed that crap -- I did just fine editing
the tcl script when ever I needed to change something. Well, that's probably 1k lines
worth of code that could be nukes.

I could go on and on, but I'll stop there.
What's all this mean? All this extra crap in a script makes it harder to maintain. As
well as a higher risk of a bug presenting it's self. Not to mention higher CPU usage
and file sizes. I can take the 3585 line mc.bad_words script, write it specifically for
myself and have it only be like 50 lines! Why am I messing with that other 3535 lines?
For features I wouldn't use to begin with?

For something like a year now I have been "unoffically" retired, now it's official.
Sitting around coding for everyone has got me no where, now Ima go out and try and get a
life. Peace.

[censored] it, I'm done, I'm burned out!
Time for the next generation of TCL geeks.
Carl M. Gregory (MC_8)
Stealthx
Halfop

Post by Stealthx »

]Kami[ :
You mean the annoying people like [R] who say public TCL sucken? lol. :roll:

-

[R] :
Perhaps u can try MC_8's TCL, some of his TCL that I've used are quite useful towards flood bot (although they don't ban their random nick like melt nickchecker does).

Some of the TCLs I recommend are:
- Anti-Flyby
- DNS Bans
- Limit
- Security Check
- Spam Check

:mrgreen:
+ Stealth Box +