This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Dcc/ctcp problem

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
D
Doggy

Dcc/ctcp problem

Post by Doggy »

my eggdrop dont accept my dcc or ctcp chats :P
is there a way to make it respond on a query ?
k
kk-
Voice

Post by kk- »

Have you got chat.tcl loaded ??? & check your hosts on the bot
D
Doggy

Post by Doggy »

what that script ?

and how do i check my host thingy :D

<----- N00B
]Kami[
Owner

Re: Dcc/ctcp problem

Post by ]Kami[ »

Doggy wrote:my eggdrop dont accept my dcc or ctcp chats :P
is there a way to make it respond on a query ?
Make sure that you have open port for telnet/dcc. If you have router and you run bot on your pc, telnet to your bot with using it's private/local ip...
KrzychuG
Master

Post by KrzychuG »

You can also try: /CTCP bot CHAT. In that case bot should ask you for chat, then you have to type your login and password.
Que?
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

FAQ #14 - How to telnet explains this well enuff, as does Using your eggdrop - DCC Chat & the Partyline...written especially with n00bies in mind :wink:
O
Ovdis
Voice

Post by Ovdis »

KrzychuG wrote:You can also try: /CTCP bot CHAT. In that case bot should ask you for chat, then you have to type your login and password.
When i input this command: /CTCP bot CHAT, i get a reply from the bot: [bot ERROR reply]: no telnet port.

What is the problem? Where should i enter that port? Could you explain me more about Telnet?
Thanks.
KrzychuG
Master

Post by KrzychuG »

You probably forget to set users port in config file. It should be something like this:
listen 9999 users or listen 9999 all
Of course 9999 port must be free and open for incoming connections from outside.
Que?
O
Ovdis
Voice

Post by Ovdis »

well i found out how to telnet the bot via putty program.
but still i cant control my bot via DCC Chat. when i enter command /ctcp bot chat, bot opens a new window, but i get such a message:
DCC Chat session
Client: bot (81.7.117.164)
Time: Mon Dec 06 18:21:08 2004
Acknowledging chat request...
Unable to connect
DCC session closed

what the reason could be here?
or maybe it is my mirc client problem?
m
metroid
Owner

Post by metroid »

Unable to connect means it can't connect. Maybe something is going wrong with the ip stuff :x
O
Ovdis
Voice

Post by Ovdis »

MeTroiD wrote:Unable to connect means it can't connect. Maybe something is going wrong with the ip stuff :x
so where could i find info on that ip stuff or how to fix it?
keep it real
m
metroid
Owner

Post by metroid »

Try looking at your mirc settings, or something :\
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

when you /dcc CHAT someone (including an eggdrop bot), you relay to the other party your IP and listening port number; then they try to connect to your IP on that port; if you (your IRC client actually) supplied to them an incorrect IP (NAT problems, local misconfiguration, etc.) or/and port incapable of listening (firewall problems, etc.), they won't be able to connect to you, thus rendering DCC CHAT initiated by you impossible

when you /ctcp bot CHAT, this forces the bot to send a DCC CHAT request to you - just the opposite of the above scenario; if the bot is misconfigured (behind closed firewall, behind non-forwarding NAT, not listening on ports, etc.), you won't be able to connect to it ("Unable to connect", "DCC session closed")

so, if you insist on using /ctcp bot CHAT (as opposed to /dcc CHAT bot), examine carefully your bot's config and other local network-related configurations (firewall, NAT, etc.) you might have, and take appropriate measures to remedy the above mentioned problems