This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

stats.mod newuser notice

Discussion of Eggdrop's code and module programming in C.
S
Snutte
Voice

stats.mod newuser notice

Post by Snutte »

Have just started to use stats.mod.. but every time a person writes in the channel for the first time they get this in a notice:

Hello, you've just been added to my userbase! Your username is "nick".
From now on, I'll log various statistics about you, unless you stop me.
If you set a password with "/msg "eggdrop" STATSPASS <password>", you can edit the settings of your account.
The password will be transfered and stored in plain-text, so please don't re-use a password for any important account.
The URL of the stats-pages is http://server:

Isin't there a way to disable this?
demond
Revered One

Re: stats.mod newuser notice

Post by demond »

Snutte wrote: Isin't there a way to disable this?
yep.. reading the docs (pay attention to channel flags added by stats.mod)
s
sniepre
Voice

Post by sniepre »

I have been reading what docs i can find, the README, the help/stats.help file, and trying to read the code, but the only mention I can find about channel settings are:

+nopubstats
Disables all channel commands (!top10 etc...)
+quietstats
Bot will reply with a notice directly to the user instead of
sending the reply to the channel
+nostats
Don't log any stats in this chan at all.

What is the channel flag that will disable that message? I cannot find it either.. Thanks in advance if anyone knows! :)

Edit: Or a hint as to where to look in the code to edit it out and recompile it... I am down to trying that too if that's what it will take. Thanks again.
dusk
Halfop

Post by dusk »

You're using the uncompleted version of stats.mod (1.4.0.dev20) in my opinion, lose it, it doesn't work properly anyway (as is mentioned on the authors website).
Instead install the stable 1.3.3 version, should work fine and it doesn't send those anoying notices.

Grtz